Essence of Beijing Tour
4-Day Beijing Tour
Five thousand years of Chinese culture and history awake. Walk on the Great Wall, explore the Forbidden City, and the iconic Temple of Heaven. Rickshaw or Cycle through the Hutong lanes, relax at the Summer Palace enjoying its gardens.
- Tiananmen Square
- The Forbidden City
- Temple of Heaven
- Great Wall of China
- Summer Palace
- Visit a Local Family
- Walk on the Great Wall. Rickshaw through the Hutongs.
- Watch imperial life at the Forbidden City come to life with the help of your private guide.
“It’s Beijing in a nutshell, offering great value for money and excellent guiding. Expert local knowledge, customer feedbacks and 52 years in business have created this Beijing tour you’ll never forget.”
"Climbing and walking on the Great Wall. All the best sites in Beijing. Experience a rickshaw ride through Beijing's Hutongs. Walk through history, yet experience local life today at the Forbidden City."
From $499 P/P Price detail
- Tour Code: BJ-1
- Departure Date: You Choose
- Tour Type: Private Car, Driver and Guide
of China? Add a helicopter cruising
into your Beijing iinerary.
Your private guide, ready to meet and greet you in arrivals. A comfortable private car (non-smoking) with experienced driver will transfer you directly to the hotel. You guide will help you check-in.
Good to Know:
- Free Mobile or Pocket WiFi – Our Free cell phone (includes 30 free minutes) or Pocket (3G) Wi-Fi. It will be ready and waiting at the hotel desk.
- Evenings Ideas – A typical day a guide is with you between 9 and 5. The evenings are yours to explore. Your guide is full of ideas and recommendations, or see our Discover More ideas.
1. Massage – Oriental Taipan is reported to be popular with expats. See our full massage guide.
2. A drink in this 1920’s US Embassy building, located in the Litigation Quarter of Beijing. It offers world class dinning at China prices for that extra special evening.
After breakfast at the hotel your private car, driver and guide will be waiting in the lobby, prepared with drinks, snacks, and map, ready to maximize your time. Today you'll see Beijing’s famous iconic sights, Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City (Also called Imperial Palace & Palace Museum) will be unlocked by your guide. Our guides are professional local experts, with many years of experience.
Photograph the old lanes and courtyard houses in the neighboring Hutongs, but first choose dishes with help from our guide at the best Traditional Courtyard Restaurant. Take a rickshaw or bike to explore Beijing’s charming lanes. Stop off at a local man’s pearl workshop & store, while there he’ll teach you how to spot a fake. The visit to a local family, who’ve lived in the Hutongs for generations, offers a local perspective of history, and is a highlight of the Hutongs for most.
Good to Know:
- Courtyard 7 is Trip Advisor’s ‘Traveler’s Choice of 2012’ Our customers feedback is great.
- A Hutong Family – This ‘makes the Hutongs special’, it’s people that hold its history.
Free-time Ideas: This awesome Acrobatics Show has breathtaking performances. No wonder its Beijing’s #1 attraction, after the Great Wall. Just ask your guide, and he can help you buy tickets.
Your private driver , car and guide will take you up into the hills, after 90 km your arrive at the Great Wall of China. The best section of the wall is called Mutianyu. This part avoids the crowds, and it boasts spectacular views, plus has a cable car, giving you maximum time on the wall. On the drive back we’ll stop at Shahe Cloisonne (copper wire inlaid enamel) made by craftsman. It really is amazing to watch them craft these vases.
Afterwards we stop off at a garden restaurant that’s been a favorite with our customers for years; also recommended by some Beijing expat blogs. Last but not least is the Temple of Heaven. The Altar, Echo Wall, and spectacular Imperial Vault are the highlights. This is one sight not to miss in a Beijing tour.
Good to Know:
- Cable Car – Mutianyu is ranking #1 of all Beijing attractions on Trip Advisor. It’s still a less crowded section and has a cable car, which we include both ways.
- Rugged Rural Hike – If you prefer a much more original and decaying section, there is a strenuous walk from Jinshanling to Simatai, often taking 5 to 6 hours to cover 8 km. Just make a customized tour inquiry.
- “A Guide is Essential” – Beijing’s Expat Travel Writer recommends definitely using a guide, even for an independent traveller, also picking this section for its spectacular views & wall condition.
Free-time Ideas: Da Dong famous for roast duck has Ming Dynasty décor and it’s best to make an advanced reservation. Ranked #8 of 3695. Rated 4.5/5 and features highly in most guides books.
The Summer Palace is an enormous park with pavilions, vividly painted corridors, temples, among lakes surrounded by hills. It was originally the imperial courts summer retreat, and still makes a nice place to escape the heat of the summer. Climb the hill or take a scroll in the gardens, this is a charming place to explore before taking a large dragon boat tour on Lake Kunming.
Enjoy a lunch with the guide at a charming traditional restaurant, serving Sichuan food.
Good to Know:
- You can change anything – This tour visits the Summer Palace & Garden this morning, but here are some alternative ideas, only the Lamma Temple increases costs slightly.
Recommended attractions to customize:
1. Olympic Sights – An exterior visit to the National Stadium, Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center.
2. Tibetan Buddhist Temple – Lamma Temple is one the few active temples. It contains a sandalwood Buddha, the largest in the world.
If you’re not departing this afternoon then see Discover More for free time ideas. We customize the last day to your taste and we have some great ideas. We even offer a Motorbike Side Car overview of Beijing. Make an inquiry to connect with your personal travel advisor, they are awesome at creating journeys to remember.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please inquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts.
Tour Length: 4 Days
Excellent Local Guides
We selected the most experienced tour guides in each city. They are all very professional and flexible during the tour with oustanding knowledge of all the sites and history.
Our Luxury Car for Families
We use the modern air-conditioned luxury cars for families or 2-3 persons. The comfort and safety of our customers is of utmost importance, so we ensure that all of the vehicles that we use are well-maintained and always very clean.
Comfortable People Carrier for Small Groups
We use only air-conditioned small buses for small groups of 4-7 persons. Our drivers are very nice and careful with over 5-year drive experience.
- Price Inclusion
- Price Exclusion
- Centrally Located Hotels
- Authentic Chinese Food
- Private Cars and Drivers
- Private Guides
- Airport Taxes and Fuel Fees
- Entrance Fees
- Phone Rental / Wi-Fi Package
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Luggage Transfers
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China
- China Entry Visa Fees
- Excess Baggage Charges
- Personal Expenses
- Single Room Supplement.
Thank you so much for all your wonderful arrangements. Each place has had interesting things to see at each corner. My father and I have had cameras in our hands non stop! Read more
Sandra June 11, 2012
As we are wrapping up our trip to China I cannot but help to look back and smile. Smiling knowing that I had a great time, met wonderful people, and learned much about the Chinese culture. We even learned some Chinese words and phrases! Read more
Jonathan June 25, 2012