Private 4-Day Emperor's Tour of Beijing
Visit the most important Beijing attractions; imagine being Emperor of China; imagine life in old-time Beijing; taste authentic Beijing roast duck; all in 4 days, all at your own pace.
Your private guide, ready to meet and greet you in arrivals. A comfortable private car (non-smoking) with experienced driver will transfer you directly to the hotel. You guide will help you check-in.
- Massage – Oriental Taipan is reported to be popular with expats. See our full massage guide.
- A drink in this 1920’s US Embassy building, located in the Litigation Quarter of Beijing. It offers world class dinning at China prices for that extra special evening.
After breakfast at the hotel your private car, driver and guide will be waiting in the lobby, prepared with drinks, snacks, and map, ready to maximize your time. Today you'll see Beijing’s famous iconic sights, Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City (Also called Imperial Palace & Palace Museum) will be unlocked by your guide. Our guides are professional local experts, with many years of experience.
Photograph the old lanes and courtyard houses in the neighboring Hutongs, but first choose dishes with help from our guide at the best Traditional Courtyard Restaurant. Take a rickshaw or bike to explore Beijing’s charming lanes. The visit to a local family, who’ve lived in the Hutongs for generations, offers a local perspective of history, and is a highlight of the Hutongs for most.
Good to Know:
- Courtyard 7 is Trip Advisor’s ‘Traveler’s Choice of 2012’ Our customers feedback is great.
- A Hutong Family – This ‘makes the Hutongs special’, it’s people that hold its history.
This awesome Acrobatics Show has breathtaking performances. No wonder its Beijing’s #1 attraction, after the Great Wall. Just ask your guide, and he can help you buy tickets.
Your private driver , car and guide will take you up into the hills, after 90 km your arrive at the Great Wall of China. The best section of the wall is called Mutianyu. This part avoids the crowds, and it boasts spectacular views, plus has a cable car, giving you maximum time on the wall.
Afterwards we stop off at a garden restaurant that’s been a favorite with our customers for years; also recommended by some Beijing expat blogs. Last but not least is the Temple of Heaven. The Altar, Echo Wall, and spectacular Imperial Vault are the highlights. This is one sight not to miss in a Beijing tour.
Good to Know:
- Cable Car – Mutianyu is ranking #1 of all Beijing attractions on Trip Advisor. It’s still a less crowded section and has a cable car, which we include both ways. Rugged Rural Hike – If you prefer a much more original and decaying section, there is a strenuous walk from Jinshanling to Simatai, often taking 5 to 6 hours to cover 8 km. Just make a customized tour inquiry.
- “A Guide is Essential” – Beijing’s Expat Travel Writer recommends definitely using a guide, even for an independent traveller, also picking this section for its spectacular views & wall condition.
Free-time Ideas: Da Dong famous for roast duck has Ming Dynasty décor and it’s best to make an advanced reservation. Ranked #8 of 3695. Rated 4.5/5 and features highly in most guides books.
The Summer Palace is an enormous park with pavilions, vividly painted corridors, temples, among lakes surrounded by hills. It was originally the imperial courts summer retreat, and still makes a nice place to escape the heat of the summer. Climb the hill or take a scroll in the gardens, this is a charming place to explore before taking a large dragon boat tour on Lake Kunming.
Enjoy a lunch with the guide at a charming traditional restaurant, mainly serving wheaten food.
Good to Know:
You can change anything – This tour visits the Summer Palace & Garden this morning, but here are some alternative ideas, only the Lamma Temple increases costs slightly.
Recommended attractions to customize:
- Olympic Sights – An exterior visit to the National Stadium, Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center.
- Tibetan Buddhist Temple – Lamma Temple is one the few active temples. It contains a sandalwood Buddha, the largest in the world.
If you’re not departing this afternoon then see Discover More for free time ideas. We customize the last day to your taste and we have some great ideas. We even offer a Motorbike Side Car overview of Beijing. Make an inquiry to connect with your personal travel advisor, they are awesome at creating journeys to remember.