Upon your flights touch down in Huangshan, you will receive a warm welcome from your personal guide outside the luggage claim area. Your professional private driver will direct transfer you to your hotel. They will go the extra mile, making sure you have everything you need.
- Leave the suitcase at the hotel in Tunxi and just take the essentials to the mountain.
- Prepare bottled water in Tunxi. Supplies are available on the mountain but prices increase with altitude.
- Please be mindful of the safety when taking photos.
- Bring a warm jacket as the temperature on the top mountain is lower than it is at the base. Wear walking shoes and clothes which are suitable for outdoor activities.
- Raincoats can be purchased and are a wise investment for protection from the elements. Please don’t use umbrella, with the winds and steep drops it can be dangerous.
- Spring and autumn are also the best times besides summer, when the temperatures and humidity are lower.
You will hike about 10 kilometers today, and the hike will take 4-5 hours. You will be driven to Nanyuankou Pier from your hotel in the morning, which takes about one hour. There you cross Xin’an River by a small boat and start your hike along the elegant river.
During the hike you will stop off to visit a primary school and a local family in the countryside, which allows you to learn more about the local people’s life in the region. You will enjoy a packed lunch provided by your private guide.
Today's trek is about 18 kilometers and takes approximately 7 hours.
After breakfast, you will be driven to the foot of the Yellow Mountains and start your trek from the Yungu Temple. First you will trek pass several natural peculiar-shaped rocks, especially the rock of upside-down table (仙人翻桌) and the peak of immortal guiding the road (仙人指路). Then visit the Flying-over Rock and the Bright Peak in the afternoon before returning to your hotel. The Sunset at the Dispelling Cloud Pavilion is a highlight.
Today's trek is about 16 kilometers and takes approximately 6 hours.
After watching the sunrise at the Cool Pavilion, hike to the Dispelling Cloud Pavilion and then down to the Grand Canyon on West Sea. A packed lunch will be provided by your guide. You will hike to pass the 100-step "Scaling Ladder" and then to the Jade Screen Pavilion to see the famous Guest-Greeting Pine. Hike back to your hotel in the late afternoon.
You will trek about 8 kilometers and it take about 3-4 hours. After watching the sunrise at the hotel, hike to the steepest peak in the mountains “Heavenly Capital Peak” and then down to the base at Lima Temple. Drive to Tunxi Ancient Street to finish the tour after lunch.
Your private guide would have called to confirm your return trip. He will assist with check-out and handle your luggage, transfer and accompany you to your station or the airport for your next station.