Essence Tour Of Lhasa
4-Day Lhasa Tour
Explore Tibet's old and sacred Buddhist culture, and get a glimpse of local lifestyle with our 4-day Lhasa tour. During these 4 days, you can not only visit the most holy monasteries, but also enjoy spectacular natural scenery.
- Potala Palace
- Jokhang Temple
- Sera Monastery
- Barkhor Street
- Join the shuffling, murmuring pilgrims circle clockwise around Jokhang Temple.
- visit a small Thangka workshop in Barkhor Street and learn how Thangka is made.
- Explore a peaceful nunnery and get a close touch with the nuns' daily life.
From $499 P/P Price detail
- Tour Code: XZ-1
- Departure Date: You Choose
- Tour Type: Private Car, Driver and Guide
Your private guide and driver will be waiting at Lhasa's Gongga Airport. A comfortable car (no-smoking) with an experienced driver will transfer you directly to your hotel. Get your camara ready as the scenery on the way is fantastic. Sit back and relax as your guide helps you check in.
Good to Know:
- Tip - Having a private car and driver means you're in control and you can stop and take some amazing photos on route. - Discovery your way!
- You should relax and take a good rest at your hotel on the arrival day to acclimatize. Read more tips on altitude sickness
- It may be hard for you to fall asleep on the first night. It is a likely symptom of your body adjusting to a higher altitude.
Hotels – A Lhasa Hotel to suit you. Here are three recommended choices, based on feedbacks and value:
ShangbaLa Hotel / Xinding Hotel / Brahmaputra Grand Hotel
After breakfast at your hotel your private car, driver, and guide will be waiting at your hotel lobby, prepared with drinks, snacks, and a map, ready to make the best use of your time.
In the morning you will visit Jokhang Temple which is the spiritual heart of Tibet Buddhism. Join the locals as they circle clockwise around Jokhang Temple with prayer wheels, and watch the pilgrims prostrate themselves near the front gate. Stroll around Barkhor Street, and visit a small Thangka workshop and watch local artists work. Explore Ani Tsankhung Nunnery, a small, quiet and active convent where the females study Buddhism. Talk with the nuns there and get to know their life.
Have lunch at Kyichu Restaurant.
Watching monks debate at Sera Monastery is an amazing experience that most travelers won't want to miss. The history of the monastery will come alive with your guide's explanations.
Good to Know:
- The Jokhang Monastery is the holiest temple in Tibet, which attracts large number of pilgrims from all parts of Tibet each day.
- The monks' debate time takes place from around 3pm to 5pm in Sera Monastery every day except Sundays.
- Always check with your guide whether you are allowed to take a photo inside a monastery.
- The Summit Café is the best place to have a decent coffee and Western food in Lhasa. Address: 1 Danjielin Road
- Shangrila: Ranked #4 of 22 restaurants in Lhasa on TripAdvisor, this restaurant serves Tibetan, Nepalese, and Chinese food in a comfortable, traditional, Tibetan building. There are shows featuring Tibetan songs and dances every evening.
Recommended activity to customize:
- Visiting a local family to have a glance at local Tibetan people's life. Please be advised that the condition of local house is very primitive.
Evening Ideas: Locals get together at the square in front of the Potala Palace singing and dancing at night. It is a good place to get to know local people.
Your private driver , car and guide will take you to the Patala Palace. The Potala Palace is the landmark of Tibet. The massive white and red palace architecture on the hill top, set against black mountains and blue pure sky, is an iconic image of Lhasa and Tibet. The palace's undulating and interesting history will be unfolded by your guide.
Have lunch at Steak House Restaurant. After lunch you will Visit Norbulingka for a glimpse of local life. Enjoy a relaxing walking in this serene and beautiful garden, explore the palaces, and see Tibetans having family picnics on fine days.
Norbulingka was the former Summer Palace of the Dalai Lama, which is now a public park. Many Tibetans come here to camp and enjoy time with their families during the summer months.
Good to Know:
- The Potala Palace has many steep steps to climb. Our guide will show you the best spot for taking photos of the Potala Palace.
After breakfast at your hotel, your private guide, driver, and car will take you to the airport.
Add another day to see turquoise Yamdrok Lake, a pristine lake not far from Lhasa. See photos of Yamdrok lake below:
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please inquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts.
Tour Length: 4 Days
China Highlights Difference
- Price Inclusion
- Price Exclusion
- Centrally Located Hotels
- Authentic Chinese Food
- Private Cars and Drivers
- Private Guides
- Airport Taxes and Fuel Fees
- Entrance Fees
- Phone Rental / Wi-Fi Package
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Luggage Transfers
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China
- China Entry Visa Fees
- Excess Baggage Charges
- Personal Expenses
- Single Room Supplement.