Zhangjiajie Weather in September
Weather: September can be hot during the day, with the highest temperature at around 37 °C (99 °F). The evenings get a little cooler, with an average temperature of 20 °C (68 °F).
Clothing: Summer clothing is fine for daytime, but bring long sleeves and trousers to wear during the evenings. The rainy season is over and the month sees less rain and the weather is clearer.
Things to do: The Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival (the 15th day of the eighth lunar month in China) usually falls in September. In Zhangjiajie, the Tujia people do not eat moon-cakes on this day; instead, they have their own special customs for celebrating.
During the evening of the Mid-Autumn Festival, the Tujia people go to watermelon gardens to steal watermelons and give them to couples with no children as a way to send good wishes for a child.
Low Season: September falls during the peak travel season. If you want to take a tour of Zhangjiajie during this time, refer to Zhangjiajie Tours on our website for some excellent travel tips.
Zhangjiajie Climate Information by Month
- Zhangjiajie Weather in January
- Zhangjiajie Weather in February
- Zhangjiajie Weather in March
- Zhangjiajie Weather in April
- Zhangjiajie Weather in May
- Zhangjiajie Weather in June
- Zhangjiajie Weather in July
- Zhangjiajie Weather in August
- Zhangjiajie Weather in September
- Zhangjiajie Weather in October
- Zhangjiajie Weather in November
- Zhangjiajie Weather in December
Questions and Answers About Zhangjiajie Weather in September
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on November 15, 2012
See all my travel articles