Harbin Weather in January
January is the coldest month of the year and the best time to travel in Harbin. It is freezing cold and dry with snowfall.
Harbin is a popular winter tourist destination. Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival is held every year from December to February, with various ice and snow sculptures and activities in parks like Sun Island and Ice and Snow World. Yabuli Ski Resort is considered one of the best of its kind in China. At Songhua River, you can watch those brave people swimming in the freezing water outdoor. Check out top things to do in Harbin or our Harbin tours. View Mia's Harbin travel story with photos.
The average high and low temperature in January is respectively at -13 °C and -25 °C (8 °F-13 °F). But at early morning and evening, temperatures fall well below -30. If you stay indoors, it is very warm and comfortable because most buildings have central heating. If you stay outdoor or at the snow fields, multiple layers are the key. Read more about keeping warm in Harbin.
Harbin Climate Information by Month
- Harbin Weather in January
- Harbin Weather in February
- Harbin Weather in March
- Harbin Weather in April
- Harbin Weather in May
- Harbin Weather in June
- Harbin Weather in July
- Harbin Weather in August
- Harbin Weather in September
- Harbin Weather in October
- Harbin Weather in November
- Harbin Weather in December
Questions and Answers About Harbin Weather in January
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on January 14, 2013
See all my travel articles