- Public Park in Tsim Sha Tsui
- Rich facilities
- Gardens and aviaries
- Exercise path
Some of Kong Kong’s public parks are packed with facilities. Kowloon Park is an example. It has aviaries, various types of gardens and big well-equipped facilities. The prices for what you get are unusually low. Millions of visitors come every year.
It is right smack in the middle of important Tsim Sha Tsui sites such as the Chungking Mansions, Harbour City, the Star Ferry, and the Golden Mile of Nathan Road.
Besides enjoying the free public gardens, paths and aviaries, you can book facilities for small fees and enjoy the various sporting events held there. You can take part in the many kinds of classes and training sessions sponsored by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department.
Tourists can use the library, see the Heritage Museum, and walk around in the outdoor areas for free. However, the use of some park facilities are limited to those who have special permission or a special sports facility card.
- Kowloon Park’s Sports Center is big with volleyball - basketball courts, 3 squash courts, a fitness room, and other rooms. The facilities are good enough for international competitions.
- The Swimming Center is big (three hectares). The main indoor pool is suitable for televised international competitions. The hall opens out to one of Hong Kong’s biggest outdoor pools that is decorated like a water park.
- The Fitness Trail
- The Bird Lake and Aviary are near each other at the center of the park.
- The Chinese Garden
The site of the park was an important British military base that overlooked Victoria Harbour. They built solid colonial-style barracks that you can still see at the Heritage Museum, and they left some military equipment.
Kowloon Park was officially opened in 1970 by the British governor. In 1989, the park was redeveloped at a cost of $300 million HK by the Hong Kong Jockey Club.
- Walk: From the Star Ferry, it is a 15 minute stroll up Nathan Road.
- MTR: Tsim Sha Tsui MTR, Exit A is next to the main entrance. MTR Jordan Station Exit C or the MTR Austin Station will both take you to within a few minutes walk to the Austin Road entrance near Nathan Road.
Entry and Maps
- Entry: free.
- Open: Daily, 5 am until midnight.
- Maps: Free English maps are available at the ticket office.
Harbour City Mall is a two minute walk away.
The Space Museum is a 14 minute walk down Nathan Road.
Questions and Answers About Kowloon Park
Hi Casonz, it is about 1100km, about 15mins on foot.Whitney Liao replied on 2012-11-19
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Top Things to Do
- Things to Do With Kids