Tibet Weather in September
Weather: The rainy season ends in Lhasa, but the dry air has yet to set in. It is already dry in western Tibet. Temperatures in Lhasa usually stay above freezing or between 20 °C (67 °F) and 8 °C (45 °F).
Autumn colors appear.
Clothing: It is best to dress in layers. Bring a light rain jacket and summer clothes. Wear sunglasses and protect your skin.
Things to do: If you like hiking, it is a good time to go to the Nagqu area north of Lhasa, Ngari prefecture (Kailash and Manasarovar area) in the west of Tibet, andMt. Everest. Remember to acclimatize before heading to higher elevation places. Let us help you plan a personalized visit to Tibet.
High season: There are fewer tourists than in July and August. There is a lull before the big October travel rush. Finding accommodation and booking train tickets may be more difficult. Make your trip as smooth as possible with our Tibet tours.
Tibet Weather by Month
- Tibet Weather in January
- Tibet Weather in February
- Tibet Weather in March
- Tibet Weather in April
- Tibet Weather in May
- Tibet Weather in June
- Tibet Weather in July
- Tibet Weather in August
- Tibet Weather in September
- Tibet Weather in October
- Tibet Weather in November
- Tibet Weather in December
Questions and Answers About Tibet Weather in September
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.