Tibet Weather in October
Weather:The dry season sets in in Tibet, and the weather begins to get cold. Temperatures in Lhasa usually stay above freezing. The minimum temperature is about 2 °C (35 °F), and the maximum temperature is about 17 °C (61 °F). The dry sunny days and high altitude makes it seem warm during the day.
Clothing:It is best to dress in layers. Bring a coat. Wear sunglasses, and protect your skin.
Things to do:Travel outside Lhasa along the Friendship Highway to Shigatse and Gyantze. If you like hiking, it is a good time to go west to Ngari prefecture (Mt. Kailash and Manasarovar area) in the west of Tibet because it is dry and still warm enough for comfort. Remember to acclimatize before heading to higher elevation places.
Let us help you plan a personalized visit to Tibet.
High season: Lhasa swells with Chinese touristsin first week of October for the Chinese National Holidays. Finding accommodation and booking train tickets may be more difficult. Make your trip as smooth as possible with our Tibet tours.
Tibet Weather by Month
- Tibet Weather in January
- Tibet Weather in February
- Tibet Weather in March
- Tibet Weather in April
- Tibet Weather in May
- Tibet Weather in June
- Tibet Weather in July
- Tibet Weather in August
- Tibet Weather in September
- Tibet Weather in October
- Tibet Weather in November
- Tibet Weather in December
Questions and Answers About Tibet Weather in October
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.