- China Tours +
- Create My Trip
- Destinations +
- Travel Guide +
- China Visas
- The Great Wall of China
- China’s Top 10 Attractions
- Giant Pandas
- The Terracotta Army
- Best of China
- Culture +
- Asia Tours
- Day Tours
Deposit & Final payment
A deposit is required to confirm all services and that you agree to the planning and itinerary of your tour with your travel consultant. The deposit is 10% of the cost of your tour. This is required at the time of confirmation to secure your booking. Dates are not guaranteed without a deposit. The full or final payment is required 30 days before departure for your China tour. Should the tour booked within 30 days before departure for your China tour, full payment is required.
Receipt of your deposit or final payment will indicate that you and your travel agent (when applicable) have read these Terms and Conditions, and that you (and your agent) have accepted them.
The Terms and Conditions below form the basis of the contractual relationship between China Highlights International Travel Service Co., Ltd (Business Certificate Number: L-GX00724) and its clients. It is extremely important that our clients understand and accept these Terms and Conditions as well as their quotations, itineraries and other relevant communication from our travel advisors.
Methods of Payment
We are now able to offer 3 methods of Payment:
Cash payment, travelers' check and company check is applicable upon special request, but personal checks cannot be accepted.
or click here to enter the "Payment Center" page to know more.
If we receive a fraud alert from our credit card processor, we'll require confirmation before your transaction can be processed. If the booking is too urgent to get all required confirmation in time, we have the right to cancel the booking and refund the card holder's account for our own and the card holder's protection.
Disclaimer of Difference Caused by Exchange Rate
(For clients who make payment by credit card only).
China Highlights will draw Chinese currency (CNY) from your credit card. The Credit Card Company or Bank will convert this amount to the currency of your credit card account.
China Highlights converts Chinese currency to US Dollars at a rate of CNY 684 = US$100 for our quotations, but must charge your credit card in CNY (Note: China Highlights will apply the latest exchange rate, which may differ from the one shown above.). Banks and credit card companies must then buy Chinese currency at their local rate to make the payment. The rate may be more or less than our rate. Banks and credit card companies may also make a service charge for the transaction. For these reasons what appears on your bank statement may be more (or even less) than what you were expecting. Click here for an illustration.
Note: Before you pay, please check our exchange rate against your bank's exchange rate and your bank's transaction fee policy.
China Highlights currently quotes tour prices in US Dollars on our web site to give you an idea of the tour cost and quote in CNY to you at the time when you are making bookings.
1. Should a revaluation of the Chinese Renminbi occur, China Highlights will honor all quotations for tours that have been fully paid at the time of the revaluation.
2. Customers who have not paid for their tour in full at the time of any revaluation will be required to pay the difference between the old and new price calculated in Renminbi. China Highlights will never charge more that our quotation that has been accepted by you, our client.
We would deeply regret your decision to cancel your trip to China, however we realize that there are many valid reasons that this can happen.
Payment for the tour is a fundamental part of the tour’s income and contributes to the overall cost of equipment, running costs, staffing, administration, etc. As the Company will have incurred the majority of its costs before the tour starts, we need to impose cancellation charges to cover these costs.
In the event of cancellation we will refund any payment made to China Highlights (less any cancellation fee that is applicable) within 14 days of our receipt of your written cancellation request.
The cancellation fee will be calculated as follows:
No-show travelers will be charged 100% of the tour price full cost of Yangtze River Cruise if applicable.
After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for unused services due to your unwillingness/inability to participate, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
The terms for cancellation for tours of more than10 people may vary from case to case. Please ask you travel advisor regarding the cancellation policy for a group of over 10 people.
1. Cancellation Insurance is optional. Those who don't purchase Cancellation Insurance are subject to our standard cancellation refund policy.
2. Cancellation Insurance holders may cancel their tour for any reason by email up to the departure date and receive a full refund of all tour costs.
3. International flights (including Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan flights) are excluded from the insured refund: they are the only tour cost that will be charged, where applicable.
Alterations to your itinerary before the booking are happily processed free of charge. Alterations after payment of the deposit will attract a fee of $25.00 per request. All expenses incurred by China Highlights in alteration of the booking are the responsibility of the customer. This includes all fees and charges levied by third parties such as cruise operators, airlines and hotels.
All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and necessary visas or permits at the commencement of travel. All such documentation is the sole responsibility of the client. Your travel advisor may assist you in applying for the necessary travel documentation upon request. China Highlights accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the failure of clients to obtain appropriate documentation.
Clients should take into account all international travel risks and familiarize themselves with health requirements applicable to the areas they intend to visit. The client is solely responsible for checking the safety and security conditions, vaccination, and other health requirements of governments in countries visited or transited. Travelers to Tibet are required to provide a doctor's certificate stating that the he/she is fit to travel and his/her blood pressure and heart condition are normal. This is a necessary requirement because of the possible effects that the very high altitude may have on certain people.
In accordance with regulations of the General Administration of Civil Aviation of China, the free baggage allowance within China is 20kg for the economy class, 30kg for the business class, and 40kg for the first class, plus limited carry-on luggage. Excess baggage charges are the sole responsibility of the client. Regulations within China specify that all suitcases must have a locking device attached. Failure to follow this regulation may result in refusal by airport staff to load suitcases onto the aircraft.
China Highlights tour packages include China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance up to a maximum of $29,000 provided free of charge as part of our package. We still highly recommend that you purchase full coverage travel insurance from you country of origin. Insurance provided by China Highlights is not applicable where only hotel or China flight booking are purchased through China Highlights. China Travel Insurance
Shall you feel unsatisfied with any service China Highlights has provided, please notify your 7x24 hours available travel advisor or China Highlights Customer-care service (Phone no. 86-773-2582653) to avoid the potential for similar problems happening again during your trip.
In the event of a complaint or claim for compensation, you must inform us by email, regular mail, or facsimile in writing within 15 days from the end of your tour. Relevant receipts and substantiating evidence must be attached to the letter of claim. China Highlights will not be liable for any claims made later than 15 days after the completion of your tour.
You can contact China Highlights via the web form from www.chinahighlights.com, email, fax, or phone. If for any reason, you fail to receive any reply from China Highlights in regard of your tour status within 48 hours from the time you submitted the request for booking, modifying, or canceling a tour, please contact China Highlights customer service center at email@example.com or phone at 86-773-2831999 immediately to ensure that we are able to deal with your enquiry under the terms of our Terms and Conditions. Contact Us Form
China Highlights provides tour information and China tour bookings. China Highlights publishes travel information and services gathered from the selected quality hotels, air ticket agencies and tour companies & operators. Chinahighlights will not be responsible for errors, emissions or inaccuracies in information provided by third party providers.
China Highlights shall not be responsible for any wrongful or negligent or fraudulent, omissions, changes of itinerary, cancellation or the failure of any equipment operated by those suppliers or any other party not directly owned or controlled by China Highlights.
China Highlights shall not be liable for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property, alteration of itineraries or cancellation in part or in full, caused by climatic conditions, sea fire, breakdown of machinery or equipment, acts of government or other authorities, wars whether or not declared, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, epidemics, quarantines, medical or customs regulations, terrorist activities, or any other actions, omissions or conditions beyond China Highlights's control. Neither China Highlights nor any of its affiliates or subsidiaries shall be or become liable or responsible for any additional expenses of liability sustained or incurred by the tour member as a result of any of the aforementioned causes
China Highlights is not responsible for a client's failure to comply with customs regulations.
China Highlights is not responsible for the theft or loss of any customer's valuables or items of personal property due to the negligence of the customer.
China Highlights reserves the right to substitute hotels, flights, trains, or cruise ships, to alter itineraries, or to cancel the tour prior to departure. If China Highlights has cancelled any tour prior to the commencement of the tour, China Highlights is liable for a full refund of the money received from the client.
Many of China Highlights tour packages include activities which require care and attention. Such activities include boarding and going ashore from boats, climbing hills and entering and exiting tombs and caves etc. You will receive help and advice from our representatives but all activities are undertaken at your own risk. China Highlights, its employees and agents cannot be responsible for any action or event that occurs after its said employees and agents have exercised their duty and taken the necessary care.
China Highlights reserves the right to modify or rescind the terms and conditions in whole, or in part at any time with or without notice.
China Highlights reserves the right to modify or discontinue service to clients who behave illegally or objectionably toward its employees and agents. Offensive behavior includes behavior which is obscene, racially offensive or of a sexual nature.
2. To enter this prize giveaway entrants must enter a valid email address and name into the fields on https://www.chinahighlights.com/tour/shanghai-highlights.htm.
3. The prize (2-Day Shanghai and Zhujiajiao Water Town Tour) is for one adult aged 18 or over. The prize does not include international flights, domestic flights, travel insurance, visa costs, excursions not on the itinerary, personal spending money or any other items not explicitly mentioned in the itinerary. The Promoter (China Highlights) can customize the tour for the winner, at additional cost where applicable. There are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part. The prize is valid from July 1st, 2019 to April 30th, 2020. The tour must be confirmed by China Highlights at least 10 days prior to the departure date.
4. Prize giveaway entrants agree that by providing their email address they give permission to China Highlights to send newsletters, online advertising, and future correspondence via email. Entrants may unsubscribe at any time by clicking 'unsubscribe'. China Highlights reserves the right to deny any entries believed to be submitted through fraudulent means.
5. By entering this prize giveaway, entrants also agree to abide by the general terms as listed on the China Highlights website: https://www.chinahighlights.com/aboutus/terms.htm.
6. We recommend entrants follow China Highlights on Facebook to keep up to date with the prize giveaway.
7. If the winner is unable to take up the prize, the Promoter does not accept any liability.
1. If you plan to visit China before December 31st 2020, use this China summer vacation tour page to make an inquiry (Fill in the "INQUIRE ABOUT THIS TRIP" box on the right or click "Inquire Now" below) before 11:59pm on July 31st 2019 (EST).
2. This free Shanghai hotel upgrade promotion starts at 12:01am on July 1st 2019 and closes at 11:59pm on July 31st 2019, EST. Any entries outside this period will not be accepted.
3. We are happy to adjust the itinerary according to your needs, and it doesn't matter whether you want to travel during the summer or another season.
1. On August 1st, 2019, we (China Highlights: "the Promoter") will select one winner at random and will notify the winner by August 2nd, 2019 by email, or direct message on Facebook, according to the contact details provided.
2. We recommend you follow China Highlights on Facebook to keep up-to-date with the promotion.
1. The prize is a free upgrade to a 5-star riverside hotel for 2 nights in Shanghai (1 room with 2 breakfasts).
2. The prize is valid from August 2nd 2019 to December 31st 2020, except during the following periods: New Year (January 1–3, 2020), Chinese New Year (January 24–31, 2020) and the China International Import Expo (November 5–10, 2019 and 2020). The reservation must be confirmed by China Highlights at least 10 days prior to the departure date.
3. The winner must take a China tour with China Highlights of least 7 days with hotels to claim the prize.
4. The winner can transfer the prize to someone else, who likewise must take a China tour with China Highlights of at least 7 days with hotels to claim the prize.
5. If the winner has booked a tour with a 5-star Shanghai hotel, China Highlights will upgrade the booking to a better room type.
6. The prize does not include personal spending in the hotel or any other items not explicitly mentioned in the tour terms and conditions.
7. There are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
8. All reasonable endeavors will be made to contact the winner. The Promoter reserves the right to select another winner if the winner cannot be contacted or is unavailable.
9. If the winner is unable to take up the prize, the Promoter does not accept any liability.
10. The Promoter's decision will be final.