Half-Day Huangshan Hongcun Acient Village Tour
Hongcun Acient Village, it has 28 hectares in size in the northeast of Yixian County. It has landed a place in the World Heritage List for its long history, country scenery, and well preserved buildings dating hundreds of years. As the film setting for Ang Lee's movie "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", Hong Village is a beautiful ancient village frequented by painters capturing the blend of pools, willows, and ancient architecture on canvass. Famous attractions like Chengzhi Hall, Southern Lake Academy, Moon Pond, etc.
Going to this amazing small village with our half-day tour to see old Ming and Qing courtyards, beautiful preserved countryside, feel the lifestyle of the villagers and shop for souvenirs and country products.
- Half-day tour to see authentic Hui style architactures and picturesque scenery in a small ancient village.
- Discover the local cultural customs and lifestyles through the communication with local villagers.
- Taste some famous dishes and snacks in a local family-style restaurant and buy some special souvenirs.
- Well-designed route to visit the attractions and feel quiet and peaceful countryside.
The Design of the Day Trip
- Small group tour make full use of your day with this well-designed itinerary to discover the beauty.
- A local English-speaking guide will show you around, professional and passionate about making sure you have a wonderful day!
- Guaranteed departure for a solo traveler. No shopping, no tricks and no time-wasting during the tour.
You’ll receive a welcome call from your guide at night before the tour day via hotel, he/she will confirm the meeting time and location with you for the next day’s trip. If you are not available at that moment, the tour guide will leave a message for you.
Just in case that if you don’t receive our emails or phone calls, please call our 24-hour hotline at +86-18807734970 or add WeChat ID: trippest666 and we will put things right.
You'll be picked up at the lobby of Huangshan International Hotel, (Add:No.31 Huashan Road Tunxi District,Huangshan City) at the appointed time which the guide confirmed with you one day before the tour day, please arrange yourself arriving beforehand.
Please make sure to arrive punctually as the trip must begin on time. If for some reason you cannot get there by the specified time, please make a call to your tour guide (listed on the confirmation letter that we will send you the day before your departure) and your tour guide will try his or her best to help you.
The gate of Huangshan International Hotel
Good to Know:
- How to get to the meeting point?
You can take a bus and get off at the ''Hengjiangqiao stop'', then walk 100 meters to the hotel. Or you can take a taxi there directly and show the driver "您好，请送我到黄山国际大酒店。"
- Wechat is widely use in China, we suggest you to use Wechat for further communication if possible.
After all the group members are assembled, we will set out to Hong Village by coach. It will take about 1.5 hour to get there. Our private guide will introduce you to some basic information of Hong Village and Huangshan city on the way, like attractions, food, local life style, etc.
The exterior of the coach
The interior of the coach
Good to Know:
- It is possible that you might share one coach with Chinese guests for the round-trip journey between downtown and Hong Village, but we still have a dedicated English-speaking guide onboard for your service and he/she will accompany with you during the whole itinerary. Therefore, you will do a shared coach tour on the transportation, but visiting Hong Villageis in a private small group.
Arrive at Hongcun Village Scenic Area, we firstly visit Southern Lake Area. Water scenery is one of the highlights of Hong Village. Moon Pond, South Lake and the winding streams lend more color to the village. South Lake is built after the Moon Pond as to meet villagers’ growing daily water needs. On sunny days, the white residence, willows and poplars the shadows mirrored on the water it looks particularly superb.
Hongcun is an outstanding representative of Huizhou traditional local culture, building techniques and landscape design. It has historical, artistic, and scientific value. The village structures blend in with the natural setting that exhibit the wisdom of hundreds of years of village construction.
Ma Tau Wall is the most significant feature of Huizhou architecture
A café in village
Residences and sights to be seen in a tour include Chengzhi Hall, Lexu Hall that are known for its engraved art. Nanhu Academy is a good architectural representative of the family academies of Huizhou. By visiting it, you can learn something about the social life of that time.
Southern Lake Academy
Get into Hong Village's local lifestyle. Hongcun village currently has a population about 1,400. Many of the local residences have a history of over 100 years. It's chance to learn deeply more about Hui culture from their lives in this village which is over 900 years. Along the streets in Hongcun, there are many shops with Curios and knick-knacks including brushes, inkstone, local teas, etc. It is a paradise for tourists to buy souvenirs rich in Chinese culture with comparatively lower prices.
Contact with a local family
A corner of village
Stir drying the tea leaves
There are some local restaurants here and you can taste some Huangshan specialties and famous dishes for lunch. (Lunch fee is not included.) The most famous dishes in Hongcun are Hairy Tofu, Stinky Mandarin fish, Saute Chinese Bacon, smells awful but tastes great! Also the local pancake packed with all kinds of fillings, you can buy some as gifts for family and friends at home.
Chinese ham and bacon
Your trip comes to an end after lunch. You will be transfered back to Huangshan city, it will normally take about 1-1.5 hour.
If you need to catch a flight or a train after the tour we will be more than happy to help you arrange it. We suggest you take flights/tranis departing after 3:00 pm. Please ask your trip advisor to book the airport/train station transfer for your onward flight/train.
Thank you for choosing Trippest. We trust this trip will bring you joy and satisfaction. It would be a great encouragement to us, and we would greatly appreciate it, if you would rate us on TripAdvisor or share your experience of our service on your Facebook or blog.
Customers in Hong Village
Schedule and Pricing
|Adult (age 12+)||Child (age 2 – 11)||Infant (age < 2)|
|$ 82 USD||$ 77 USD||free|
- This trip is NOT opened during the China National Day golden week from Oct. 1st to Oct. 7th.
- Admission to the listed attractions.
- Shared-coach transportation between Hongcun village and Huangshan city.
- English-speaking local guide service.
- Bottled water.
- Personal expenses.
- Gratuities to your tour guide & driver (usually CNY 50 - 100 per person). It is not compulsory but would be a great encouragement for them.
FAQs About This Tour
- If we are not able to implement the contract due to war, flood, typhoon, fire, strikes, storm, earthquake, or any other condition we are not able to foresee and avoid, we will inform customers at the first possible opportunity and offer the best possible solutions, and the final bill shall be settled based on the service we actually provide.
- Up to 7 days before departure: 100% refund of all money paid, excluding penalties charged by hotels, railways, airlines, and PayPal, if applicable. All penalties will be itemized.
- From 3 to 7 days before departure: 90% refund, excluding penalties charged by hotels, railways, airlines, and PayPal, if applicable. All penalties will be itemized.
- Within 3 days before departure: no refund.
- After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for canceled services due to non-participation, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
- For groups of more than 10 people: The terms of cancellation may vary from case to case. Please ask your travel advisor regarding the cancellation policy for your group.
In order to making sure we have enough time to arrange your trip and make sure the availability we usually require customer make their booking at least 24 hours in advance and that’s why you can not book directly on-line for a 24-hour last-minute booking.
But that does not mean you have no chance to book a last-minute trip within 24 hours. For urgent booking, please make a phone call to us at: +86-18807734970 to check the availability or send an email (not recommended as you may not get the response immediately) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to state control of internet security in China, many popular websites and APPs are blocked, such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, WhatsApp etc. It is very possible that you may not be able to receive your emails and other important information. For this reason, we highly recommend you to sign up for a VPN service(for example, ExpressVPN) before your trip, to make sure you can connect to the global internet.
Good to know: Wechat is widely use in China, we suggest you to use Wechat for further communication if possible.
Mobile: +86 18807734970