Two-Day Xi'an Panoramic Tour
From the amazing Terra-cotta Warriors and the mausoleum of Qin Shi Huang to the large Han Yang Ling Mausoleum of Emperor Jindi of Han Dynasty and his Empress, from the local life of Xi’an citizens to Chinese traditional culture and arts, from street snacks to selected Xi’an local’s favorite dishes, in these two days exploration you’ll have a panoramic view of this imperial city of Xi’an on its glorious history, traditional culture, authentic food and the real life of the people that would never be discovered by a typical tourist.
- Make full use of your time to deeply discover all the top highlights and charm of the city in two days: from the world famous Terra-cotta Warriors to the Hanyang Mausoleum, from the large official Shaanxi Historical Museum to the featured private museum of Tangbo Art Museum, from the street snacks to the selected local dishes.
- Maximum your travel experience: Skip the lines as VIP guests, no tourist shopping, equipped with telescope and FM headset to make sure you can see and hear clearly.
- With our professional guide, you’ll discover the vivid stories and history behind the historical relics that few people have ever heard of.
The Design of the Day Trip
- Guide: better than a normal licensed tour guide; friendly and helpful with fluent English
- Driver: reliable licensed local driver with at least 5 years’ driving experience
- Vehicle: Air-conditioned business car (max: 7 seats) with GPS facilities, big windows, and ample space
- Trippest Xi'an Office: English-speaking backup support - We are very happy to hear your voice
- Professional product team analysis on every part of the trip to ensure a smooth and enjoyable travel experience.
Visit Xi'an Terra Cotta Warriors Museum and the Mausoleum of Qin Shi Huang in the morning, having lunch at a local restaurant and then walking, biking, or taking an Eco-Car to visit Xi'an Ancient City Wall, visit the Most Famous Food Street of Xi'an - Muslim Street. Today you'll discover the most highlights of Xi'an!
>> See the detailed itinerary for day 1
Xi'an has more than Terra Cotta Warriors! In this day, you'll visit the Han Yang Ling Mausoleum where the emperor Jingdi of Han Dynasty and his empress buried with lots of valuable funeral objects. Then you'll have the chance to take a close look at the procedure of the relics restoration in their laboratory which is not opened to public. In the afternoon, you'll visit a small private museum of Tangbo Art Museum where you could see the various local arts and you'll have chance to have a Chinese calligraphy class to knows a little bit of Chinese traditional art and culture. At last you'll visit the Shaanxi History Museum where contains the various treasures of ancient China. And exterior visit of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. Please see the detailed itinerary for day 2 below.
A tour map of major attractions in Xi'an
The same as your previous day, your guide will be waiting for you at your hotel lobby at the appointed time (around 7:30AM-8AM) and pick you up to our first destination: Hanyangling Mausoleum. It takes about 40 minutes to drive there. This museum has an underground exhibition hall so that people can see the results of the archeological digs in the big mausoleum complex of Emperor Jingdi (also named Liu Qi, 188 to 141 BC) of the Han Dynasty, his wife, officials, dynastic clan members, and commoners. There is also a graveyard for slaves who built the complex. The underground hall was opened in 2006. The archeological dig site only covers a small area, but the whole burial complex is immense. It covers a total area of about 10 square kilometers or 4 square miles.
Good to Know:
- You will have chance to watch a Holographic movie about the history of the Emperor Jingdi and his empress. Usually it is Chinese version and it would be difficult to understand for English-speaking visitors. As our VIP guests, we will negotiate with the museum manager for an English version movie for you.
Watch a Holographic movie about the history of the Emperor Jingdi and his empress
We will have our lunch at a selected local restaurant. You will have chance to taste the most featured Shaanxi local food.
Featured Shaanxi local lunch
After lunch, we will visit a very small but featured private art museum called Tangbo Art Museumwhich possesses a collection of Shaanxi folk arts and representative ancient paintings exhibited in historical sequence.
Here you'll have chance to learn Chinese Calligraphy, Chinese Tea Ceremony or Chinese Paper-cutting hand by hand which I believe it would defiantly be a highlight of the day.
Good to Know:
- Tangbo Art Museum really is a shop as well. China Highlights doesn't recommend any shops to our customers. But why we still arrange to visit this site? Our product experts have experienced and found this museum is much more interesting than just being considered as a shop. As a museum of Shaanxi folk arts and ancient Chinese art, it has a TripAdvisor ranking of #4 things to do in Xi'an. You can experience Chinese traditional culture in good interaction here. But have to say, the risk of shopping still exists. Because of the staff, there will sell their calligraphy and painting consciously. You don't have to buy anything. But if you feel any shopping pressure, please contact us and we will negotiate with the museum for you.
Tour guide at Tangbo Art Museum
Learn Chinese Calligraphy at Tangbo Art Museum
At last, we will visit another highlight of the day: Shaanxi History Museum. Shaanxi is a very important area in both ancient and modern China and it had been the capital place of more than 13 dynasties. Therefore the local culture and arts of Shaanxi would be a window or a typical representative of traditional Chinese culture and art. And in this museum, it has exhibited more than 370,000 historical relics which has vividly displayed the traditional culture and arts of ancient China from the Neolithic Period to modern society and is the first large-scale modern museum in China.
Shaanxi History Museum
Shaanxi History Museum
Shaanxi History Museum
Afterwards, you will be transferred to the south square of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. The 9-floor Buddhism Tower along with a temple called Temple of Great Maternal Grace was built by the Emperor Li Zhi of Tang Dynasty to memorize his mother Empress Wende. After the temple was built, Li Zhi invited the famous Monk Xuan Zang (known as Tang Monk in the famous book of The Journey to the West) as the honored master here in the temple.
Master Xuan Zang lived here and had brought lots of Buddhism sutras from India. He translated the Buddhism text here and had brought the religion of Buddhism from India to China. Here you can take a picture with the statue of Master Xuan Zang.
Big Wild Goose Pagoda
Statue of Master Xuan Zang
Your guide and driver will transfer you back to the hotel, making a perfect end to your Xi'an panoramic tour with China Highlights.
Tip notes: Tip your guide and driver is not a compulsory requirement but would be a great affirmation of their services. Therefore, we suggest you to give your guide and driver 60 – 100 yuan per person as this would be a great encouragement for them.
You may follow us on our Facebook page to see the latest updates, photos and posts from your tour guide at: https://www.facebook.com/trippest/
Schedule and Pricing
|No. of Travelers||1 Person||2 Persons||3 Persons||4 Persons||5 Persons||6 Persons|
|Price||US$ 346 p/p||US$ 207 p/p||US$ 161 p/p||US$ 138 p/p||US$ 143 p/p||US$ 133 p/p|
- The peak season includes the following dates: China National Day: 01/Oct/2019 - 07/Oct/2019. Chinese Spring Festival: 24/Jan/2020 - 30/Jan/2020. Other dates are indicated as shoulder season.
- Guaranteed daily departure.
- You'll be a part of a mini-group with a maximum of 6 people.
- Admission to attractions listed in the itinerary.
- Transport between attractions, including pickup and return to your hotel (within the third ring road of Xi'an).
- Private English-speaking local guide.
- Personal expenses.
- Gratuities to the tour guide & driver (usually CNY 50 - 100 per person per day for each of them, please tip them separately.). It is not compulsory but would be a great encouragement for them.
FAQs About This Tour
The hotel pick-up and drop-off area should be within the third ring road of Xi'an. For further distance, there might be an extra cost for the transfer which you'll be notified by your travel advisor.
- If we are not able to implement the contract due to war, flood, typhoon, fire, strikes, storm, earthquake, or any other condition we are not able to foresee and avoid, we will inform customers at the first possible opportunity and offer the best possible solutions, and the final bill shall be settled based on the service we actually provide.
- Up to 7 days before departure: 100% refund of all money paid, excluding penalties charged by hotels, railways, airlines, and PayPal, if applicable. All penalties will be itemized.
- From 3 to 7 days before departure: 90% refund, excluding penalties charged by hotels, railways, airlines, and PayPal, if applicable. All penalties will be itemized.
- Within 3 days before departure: no refund.
- After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for canceled services due to non-participation, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
- For groups of more than 10 people: The terms for cancellation may vary from case to case. Please ask your travel advisor regarding the cancellation policy for your group.
What Makes Us Different
We have prepared FM headsets and telescopes for our customers to make sure you can hear and watch clearly in the terracotta warriors while other groups are struggling and get lost in the crowds.
You will taste the local food and culture in a local way while other groups have to go to the tourist restaurant and eat the food just for tourists.
We never take our customers to the tourist shops while other groups have to waste their time and money on the over-priced souvenirs.
Mobile: +86 18807734970