One-Day Tiger Leaping Gorge Hing Tour From Lijiang
Tiger Leaping Gorge is one of the deepest gorges on the planet, and it has the best hiking trail in the Lijiang area. Foreign backpackers started hiking in the area in the 1980s. Though it is one of China's popular trails, it is not crowded. Few Chinese tourists hike it, though you'll see the native people using the route and grazing their animals. The path isn't really dangerous either, except when it rains, when there are gusty winds, or where there are rockslides. Challenge yourself to this hiking tour with us, our professional hiking guide ensure your safety and provide a wonderful hiking experience. You will see spectacular scenery along the whole hiking road. It is strenuous if you attempt to do the whole thing too quickly, but backpackers generally say that it is worth it.
- Challenge yourself to hike in the wild mountains and get a magnificent view of the Gorge
- Behold the wondrous natural beauty of the deepest gorges in the world.
- Enjoy a peaceful time in the hiking route which is less crowded.
- A unique gorge hiking experience escorted by a professional expert guide.
The Design of the Day Trip
- Small group tour make full use of your day with this well-designed itinerary to discover the beauty.
- English-speaking hiking guide will accompany with you, professional and passionate about making sure you have a wonderful day!
- No shopping, no tricks and no time-wasting during the tour.
Meet your tour guide at the south gate of Lijiang Old Town, (in Chinese:丽江古城南门) at 07:15AM and ride about 1.5 hour by public transportation to the Tiger Leaping Gorge Scenic Area.
Good to Know:
- The day before your tour date, we will send you details of the tour guide and meeting time by email, the guide will call your hotel to contact you to double confirm the departure time at the night before the tour date.
- It is necessary to wear comfortable hiking shoes for the hiking.
- Be prepared for a hiking day and bring some food or cash with you cause lunch fee is excluded.
- Do not forget you are going to the mountains where the weather can rapidly change.
- The tour starts with at least 2 travelers. If the group is under 6 people we will take public transportation with a dedicated guide, but if group over 6 people and all back to Lijiang, we will arrange a private vehicle with driver and a tour guide for all the travelers.
The whole route: Lijiang - Qiaotou – 14KM-Half-way Guesthouse-Tina’s Guesthouse-Lijiang or Shangri-la.
Upon arrival at Qiaotou town, we will see the gate of Tiger Leaping Gorge. Then, we start the hiking tour from 14KM Point, trek along the road to Bendiwan Village and have a rest in Half-way Guesthouse where you will have a fantastic view of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain from the balcony of the guesthouse.
At the beginning
When the hike begins, we will walk a very smooth road. Looking down from the mountain, you can see the first bay of the Yangtze River and the distant mountains. The scenery is quite spectacular.
Steep slopes on the trail
Good to Know:
- We will provide 2 bottles of water per person for free, and you are not suggested to bring too many things cause there are some shops along the trail.
- This is a great sightseeing stop with many photo opportunities. Bring your camera, wear skidproof shoes, and be prepared to be astonished.
When we arrive at the Halfway Guesthouse, have a rest and enjoy your lunch here with a wonderful mountain view. The guesthouse keeper has great English-speaking skill, you may have a chance to hear about some interesting hiking stories from him.
Good to Know:
- The lunch fee is not included, you can eat the food you bring or order a local meal at the halfway guesthouse.
Continue our hiking from halfway guesthouse to Tina's guesthouse. That is the most interesting and thrilling part. Along the trail, we will go at the edge of the cliff or walk through the simple boardwalk on the rapids. The mountain road is not difficult to walk and we may even walk way for mules and goats, but it's particularly risky.
We will also pass two waterfalls, and we need to cross both of them. At this time, the advantages of waterproof shoes are reflected. You feel very cool when hike in summer.
Walk on the suspension bridge
Arrive at Tina's Guesthouse, you can choose to go to the Shangri-la (drop off at Shangri-la at Moonshine Square (in Chinese:月光广场).) or back to Lijiang (drop off at the South Gate of Lijiang Old Town (in Chinese:丽江古城南门)). The guide will help to arrange that for you.
You may follow us on our Facebook page to see the latest updates, photos and posts from your tour guide at: https://www.facebook.com/trippest/
Tiger Leaping Gorge
Schedule and Pricing
|Adult (age 12+)||Child (age 2 – 11)||Infant (age < 2)|
|Price||$ 120 USD||$ 100 USD||free|
- The tour Not open at the following dates: China National Day: 01.Oct - 07.Oct. Chinese Spring Festival: 11.Feb.2021 - 18.Feb.2021.
- Guaranteed daily departure.
- You'll be a part of a small group with 2 - 16 people.
- Not recommended for seniors (age 80+) or family travels with a baby. Private tour service is highly recommended for a better experience. Contact Us at email@example.com.
- Entrance tickets mentioned in the itinerary
- Transportation from Lijiang to Tiger Leaping Gorge and back to Shangri-la or Lijiang.
- English-speaking expert local guide.
- Bottled water.
- Personal expenses.
- Gratuities to the tour guide & driver (usually CNY 50 - 100 per person, please tip them separately.). It is not compulsory but would be a great encouragement for them.
FAQs About This Tour
- If we are not able to implement the contract due to war, flood, typhoon, fire, strikes, storm, earthquake, or any other condition we are not able to foresee and avoid, we will inform customers at the first possible opportunity and offer the best possible solutions, and the final bill shall be settled based on the service we actually provide.
- Up to 7 days before departure: 100% refund of all money paid, excluding penalties charged by hotels, railways, airlines, and PayPal, if applicable. All penalties will be itemized.
- From 3 to 7 days before departure: 90% refund, excluding penalties charged by hotels, railways, airlines, and PayPal, if applicable. All penalties will be itemized.
- Within 3 days before departure: no refund.
- After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for cancelled services due to non-participation, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
- For groups of more than 10 people: The terms for cancellation may vary from case to case. Please ask your travel advisor regarding the cancellation policy for your group.
In order to making sure we have enough time to arrange your trip and make sure the availability we usually require customer make their booking at least 24 hours in advance and that’s why you can not book directly on-line for a 24-hour last-minute booking.
But that does not mean you have no chance to book a last-minute trip within 24 hours. For urgent booking, please make a phone call to us at: +86-18807734970 to check the availability or send an email (not recommended as you may not get the response immediately) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to state control of internet security in China, many popular websites and APPs are blocked, such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, WhatsApp etc. It is very possible that you may not be able to receive your emails and other important information. For this reason, we highly recommend you to sign up for a VPN service(for example, ExpressVPN) before your trip, to make sure you can connect to the global internet.
Wechat is widely use in China, we suggest you to use Wechat for further communication if possible.
What Makes Us Different
- We have been touring the Tiger Leaping Gorge hiking trails for many years, and all the relevant services we provide are reliable and optimized.
- Our hiking tour guides are well-trained to ensure your safety on the way.
Our guide and customers
- We promise that there’s absolutely no shopping, no factories, no time-wasting itineraries while most other travel agents do to make the tour price seems to be lower. We are the first China travel agency to offer NO SHOPPING on all our tour itineraries.
- We might not be the cheapest one but we make all our efforts to make sure the great experience for our customers to create more value for our customers.
Mobile: +86 18807734970