Every night, the city of Guilin shows a scene of feasting and revelry. The colorful nightlife activities amaze tourists from all over the world. The top things to do at night in Guilin are as below:
1. Take a Night Cruise on the Two Rivers and Four Lakes
Two Rivers and Four Lakes, a park-like scenic area, is Guilin's central round-the-city water system, located in the downtown area of Guilin.
The night cruise is amazing and spectacular since the water system has been transformed by the innovative use of lighting in the gardens and buildings along the lakes. The environment is quite relaxing and romantic there.
The most wonderful parts are located around the four lakes, namely Banyan Lake, Wooden Dragon Lake, Gui Lake, Shahu Lake. They are just located within the downtown area, and only a short distance from the railway station and bus station.
Time and Pier
- One-way Cruise at Two Rivers & Four Lakes: 7:30pm, 7:50pm, 8:00pm, 8:15pm, 8:40pm, 9:10pm, 9:30pm; Wenchang Bridge Pier - Jiefang Bridge Pier
- Return-way Cruise at Four Lakes: 7:30pm, 8:40pm, 9:50pm; Riyue Bay Pier
- One-way Cruise at Two Rivers & Four Lakes: 185 yuan/adult, 125 yuan/child (height 1.2-1.4m).
- Return-way Cruise at Four Lakes: 175 yuan/adult, 105 yuan/child (height 1.2-1.4m).
- Children shorter than 1.2m are free of charge.
2. Shop at Zhengyang Pedestrian Street
This is a walking street which combines the functions of leisure, shopping and entertainment. It has a length of 666 meters long (6 is a lucky number in China). It is surrounded by restaurants, hotels, theatres, stadiums, commercial facilities and scenic spots.
All kinds of vehicles are not allowed in Zhengyang Pedestrian Street. It combines the characteristic of local architectures and the classical European architecture as well.
On the whole, Zhengyang Pedestrian Street is a business street. Brand Label stores can be seen everywhere. There are snack bars providing various delicious foods. It's one of the busiest and most prospect places.
3. Visit Guilin Night Market
Guilin night market is located at Xichenglu Pedestrian Street (西城路步行街). At nightfall, you will see lots of red tents lining in two long rows, selling various kinds of handicrafts, local specialties, souvenirs and snacks. If you want to do some souvenir shopping, then this is your little paradise. Even if you just want to take a look around, it is very relaxing to wander up and down between the stalls accompanied by the cool breeze coming from the nearby lakes.
- Opening hours: 19:30 – 23:00 daily
- Nearby sights: Banyan Lake and Cedar Lake, the Sun and Moon Towers
- Available commodities: Handicrafts (e.g. embroidery balls, brocades, furnishings), Local products (e.g. flutes, snacks, pickles, local specialties), Porcelain and ceramics products (e.g. tableware, smoking pipe), Chinese seals, paintings, and calligraphy, Accessories (e.g. scarves, jade, pearl, trinkets), etc
- Beware of pickpockets.
- Remember to bargain, no matter what quotation the stall owner offers.
- Click here to learn how to take a taxi wisely at night
4. Watch Artificial Lijiang Waterfall on the Central Square
Located on the southeast corner of downtown Guilin's Central Square, Guilin Lijiang Waterfall Hotel, a five-star hotel in Guilin, displays magnificent artificial waterfall every night during about 8:30PM. Having a width of 73.5 meters and a height of 40 meters, the artificial waterfall runs down from the top the hotel's building onto the ground floor. When the waterfall is dropping, fantastic lights and music is displayed at the same time.
Visit Guilin with China Highlights
China Highlights offer tours to cover Guilin city and the surrounding areas. Our itineraries are flexible which allow you a lot of free time to explore the city on your own if you like. Visit Guilin tour page to see what er offer, or you can customize your own tour itineraries following our travel advisors' suggestions.