Shanghai Weather in April
Weather: April is a warm month, and the weather is changeable. The average highest and lowest temperatures are 18 °C (64 °F) and 11 °C (51 °F).
Clothing: You may need to bring layers, as the temperature may change during the day. A thin sweater should be enough, but bring also a thin coat and some summer clothes in case the temperature becomes cooler or hotter.
Shanghai April Weather Data Graphs
Best Things to Do in Shanghai in April
April is also a good time to see flowers bloom in the hills and parks.
See the Shanghai Peach Blossom Festival
Early April from the 1st to the 10th is a great time to see peach blossoms in Shanghai. The peach blossom festival is held at the various peach gardens in Nanhui District. Along with enjoying the hundreds of peach trees, traditional Chinese musicians play folk music and people dance. This is also a good time to buy peach products such as jam.
- One of the biggest municipal botanical gardens in China.
- Gain scientific knowledge about plants.
- The bonsai garden (Penjing, 盆景) is a highlight.
- Almost a square kilometer in size (81 hectares or .3 square miles).
Along with blooming flowers in Shanghai Arboretum, during a stroll around, see the bonsai garden and the tropical greenhouse where there are plants from the tropical areas of China. These are just two of the many many kinds of plants on display.
Shanghai Ocean Aquarium
Shanghai Ocean Aquarium is one of the largest aquariums in China is a modern facility with aquatic creatures from five continents and a special display of habitats and animals found in China.
Visiting Shanghai in April: Important Travel Tips and Popular Tours
April is in the high season.
April is a high travel month. Weather-wise, the city is in its prime. Hotel rates will go up in a hurry. So book your rooms in advance.
Recommended Shanghai Tours
- 2-Day Charming Shanghai and Watertown Tour: Utilize the limited time to see the highlights of Shanghai.
- 5-Day Shanghai, Hangzhou and Suzhou Bullet Train Tour: Take a bullet train to explore the Yangtze Delta's cities including Shanghai, Hangzhou and Suzhou.