- Chinese Name: 台湾
- Traditional Chinese Name: 臺灣
- Chinese Pinyin: tái wān
- Location: Southeast of China
- Area: 36,000sq. km
- Population: 18.8 million
- Capital City: Taipei
Visit Taiwan for a different experience of China. This large, subtropical, Pacific island has mountainous scenery and highly-developed cities. A convenient transport network provides easy access to Taiwan's national parks, cultural and historic sights, and iconic city attractions.
To visit Taiwan (the Republic of China, or ROC), you will probably not need a visa, unlike the visa policy for Chinese Mainland (the People's Republic of China, or PRC). Citizens of the USA, the EU, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and several other countries are entitled to 90-day visa-free entry, similar to Hong Kong's liberal visa policy.
Taiwan's Top Attractions
- Taroko Gorge — a marble-walled canyon with aboriginal tribes, shrines and temples, mountain hiking, and Taiwanese jade manufacture.
- The National Palace Museum — "Taiwan's Forbidden City"
- Taipei 101 — tallest tower outside the Middle East with a beautiful oriental design
Our two Taiwan tours offer a choice of the attractions of the capital Taipei or the scenic highlights around the island. Our tours are fully-customizable, or we can tailor-make a tour of Taiwan to suit your requirements.
More About Taiwan
Did you Taipei is Asia's second richest city per capita. See Taiwan Facts for more.
Taiwan Tourism Information
Read more: How to plan a family tour of Taiwan