- Your Schedule
- Your Interests
- Your Hotel Tastes
The price is based on 2 persons sharing 4-star hotel rooms.
This 11-day suggested itinerary covers not only China's Golden Triangle cities – Beijing, Xi'an, and Shanghai – but also includes a classic wonder, Guilin, which keeps views of rural China as you will have imagined them to be.
It is a good reference for first-time visitors who have more than 10 days.
Taste the flavor of ancient imperial Beijing, step on the greatest wall in the world, and pay your respects to the Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an. Then relax and enjoy the Li River cruise threading between the most incredible karst hills, and immerse yourself in Yangshuo's countryside views. Finish this comprehensive China journey beneath the electric skyline of modern Shanghai.
- Admire a less crowded part of the Great Wall by stepping on the world wonder
- Discover more than the axis of the Forbidden City with your expert guide
- Meet the Terracotta Warriors and learn how to make clay warriors from local craftsmen in their traditional cave dwellings
- Taste oil tea with a minority tribe family at the Longji Terraced Fields
- Explore an ancient town with a local scholar in Guilin and meet the old generation who are still living there
- Enjoy the elegance of the Bund by entering old buildings that celebrities
- Our 1-to-1 expert China consultancy with unlimited itinerary changes
- Booking of China internal flights, trains, and cruises, per your preferences
- Your own China-Highlights-trained, versatile and knowledgeable tour guide (per city)
- Your own chauffeured and comfortable vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Hand-picking of hotels for your requirements
- Hotel breakfasts arranged, and local restaurant lunches ordered, to suit you
- Entry to all attractions on your itinerary, with queues avoided wherever possible
- Our 24-7 helpline for while you are travelling
Extension based on the tour
Extend the tour:
- Yangtze River Cruise: add 4–5 days (Chongqing to Yichang or vice versa)
- Chengdu: add 2–3 days — visit a Panda Research Center, the Giant Buddha, and Mt. Emei
- Suzhou and Hangzhou: add 2–4 days — visit scenic gardens, West Lake, and water towns
- Hong Kong: add 2–3 days — visit Victoria Peak, Disneyland, and day-tour Macau
Shorten the tour:
If you have only one week, and it is your first time to China, we suggest leaving Shanghai or Guilin for another time. Shanghai is suited to lovers of modernity, and is easily connected with your international flight; while Guilin is a good choice for scenery lovers, and Guangzhou or Hong Kong offer international flights, just one hour's flight away.
Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Hong Kong are China's major entry cities.
It must be clearly understood that enjoying these extras would be at your own discretion. They are not included in the itinerary or tour price, so you would need to pay separately. The ticket price depends on seating. Ask your guide to book tickets if you want to see any of the following.
- Beijing — Legend of Kungfu Show
- Xi'an — Tang Dynasty Cultural Show
- Xi'an — Tang Dynasty Cultural Show plus Dumpling Banquet
- Yangshuo — Impression Third Sister Liu Night Show on the Li River (outdoor)
- Shanghai — Chinese Acrobats Show
More Trip Information
Want to learn more about this trip? Please click here to see details about traveling in China, booking, payment and responsible travel.