Ancient and Scenic Guilin
Visit the main attractions of Guilin city. Discover the old town of Daxu and watch local people do traditional handcrafts such as lantern-making or painting lion head-used for ceremonial dancing. Explore an ancient waterway, the Ling Canal in Xing'an, and learn about how it connected the Yangtze and Pearl rivers as early as 214 BC.
Take a Li River cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo, view the spectacular beauty of karst mountain peaks. Enjoy sunset over the Li River, and take photos of a local fisherman.
- Discover the old town of Daxu and visit its nearby rural market (depending on when the market day falls).
- Explore the Ling Canal and enjoy a leisurely boat ride, passing through the water-streets accompanied by the sound of the zither, playing on the boat.
- Enjoy the beautiful rose sunset over the Li River and take photos of a local fisherman.
- Relax and stay overnight on a fishing island in Xingping, surrounded by the Li River and green mountains
Accommodation in Guilin: Lijiang Waterfall Hotel (4-star by the lake, with central location)
Upon arrival at the arrivals hall of the airport or the exit of the train station, your private guide will meet you with a name plate. He/she will then escort you by private vehicle to your hotel.
The night scenery in Guilin is beautiful and offers opportunities to unwind after a flight. The 'Two Rivers and Four Lakes' in the downtown area are recommended for pleasant lakeside walks and night cruises.
In Guilin, we recommend the best value 4-star hotel: Lijiang Waterfall Hotel, which has the best location, by the Li River side and the Fir Lake lakeside in the city center. It has easy access to many local restaurants and shopping areas.
However, we also could arrange different standard hotel if you have other hotel preference.
In Xingping, as there is a limited choice, we recommend Yangshuo Xingping Island Resort (a boutique hotel, with standards equivalent to a domestic 4-star hotel), which is on a fishing island in Xingping, surrounded by the Li River and green mountains.
We arrange an overnight stay in Xingping instead of in Yangshuo because you will have the opportunity to see a rose sunset over the Li River and take photos of the iconic images of Guilin. And you could enjoy the tranquility of the rural life of old on the fishing island.
If you have other hotel choices or wish to book hotels by yourself, feel free to tell us your idea.
2. Customizing the Tour — According to Your Needs
This tour is very flexible. You can alter the itinerary, extending or shortening it to suit your price, interests, and schedule.
You can extend it with an extra night in Yangshuo and do more activities such as attending the evening show 'Impression of Liu Sanjie' etc. If your time is limited, shortening the tour by one day, e.g. without the day tour to the Ling Canal, can also be arranged.
|Dec.1 - Mar.31||4-star|
|Apr.1 - Nov.31||4-star|
The above prices do not apply during Chinese national holidays.
Our Service Included:
- Our 1-to-1 expert China consultancy with unlimited itinerary changes
- Booking of China internal flights, trains, and cruises, per your preferences
- Your own China-Highlights-trained, versatile and knowledgeable tour guide
- Your own chauffeured and comfortable vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Hand-picking of hotels for your requirements
- Hotel breakfasts arranged, and local restaurant lunches ordered, to suit you
- Entry to all attractions on your itinerary, with queues avoided wherever possible
- Our 24-7 helpline for while you are travelling