One-Day Shanghai Highlights Tour
This one-day trip is specially designed for people who are tight on time, such as for business and layover trips.
Flexible on the start and finish time, and with a tailor-made itinerary, this hassle-free tour offers an opportunity to glance at Shanghai’s highlights.
- Collection/drop-off from the airport, hotel, cruise port, or train station, depending on your schedule
- Have a full view across the city of Shanghai from the highest building — the Shanghai Tower
- Explore the old town and visit Yu Garden
- Stroll along the Bund and appreciate the classic and modern buildings on both sides
- Taste a traditional Chinese dish in a century-old restaurant — sip a jumbo xiao long bao (steamed soup bun) with a straw
According to your schedule, your private guide will be waiting for you at the airport, train station, cruise port, or in your hotel lobby.
A comfortable vehicle (non-smoking) with an experienced driver will be ready for you to explore Shanghai.
First, have a bird's-eye view of the entire city of Shanghai, take the fastest elevator in the world, and stand on the highest building in Shanghai — the Shanghai Tower.
Visit Yu Garden, the most domineering private Chinese classical garden, with five resident dragons. The dragon was the symbol of the emperor, and only emperors could use dragons as decoration.
Try some xiaolongbao (steamed buns) for lunch in a local restaurant that has over 100 years’ history.
Explore the French Concession and learn about the colonial past of Shanghai, appreciating the elegant residences.
Walk along the Bund and experience the prosperous Nanjing Road. It’s a good place to do some shopping before leaving Shanghai.
At the end of the trip, we will escort you to your hotel, the airport, the cruise port, or the train station. Please specify your requirements.
Customizing the Tour — According to Your Needs
This tour is very flexible. You can alter the itinerary and extend or shorten it to suit your schedule.
For example, you can start the tour from the airport at 7am and finish at the train station by 2pm.
A Layover Trip
This one-day trip is recommended for tourists with a layover of over 12 hours.
If your stop is less than 12 hours, we suggest shortening the tour — please let us know your schedule.
Our service includes
- Our 1-to-1 expert China consultancy with unlimited itinerary changes
- Booking of China internal flights, trains, and cruises, per your preferences
- Your own China-Highlights-trained, versatile and knowledgeable tour guide
- Your own chauffeured and comfortable vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Entry to all attractions on your itinerary, with queues avoided wherever possible
- Our 24-7 helpline for while you are travelling