Charming Night View of Pudong, Shanghai
1 Day Shanghai Layover Tour
Flexible on the start and finish times, and with a tailor-made itinerary, this hassle-free tour offers an opportunity to glance at Shanghai's highlights.
- Time smart - collection/drop-off from the airport, hotel, cruise port, or train station, depending on your schedule
- All inclusive - five of Shanghai's must-see attractions, such as the Bund and Yu Garden
- Eat like a local - taste xiaolongbao (steamed soup buns) in a century-old restaurant
My friend and I had a 12 hour layover in Shanghai on our way to Thailand and wanted to make the most of it. Our guide with China Highlights was Kris Lee (Chao). He had all sorts of interesting things to share with us and was very flexible with the things we wanted to do. Read more
According to your schedule, your private guide will be waiting for you at the airport, train station, cruise port, or in your hotel's lobby.
A comfortable vehicle (non-smoking) with an experienced driver will be ready for you to explore Shanghai.
First, take the fastest elevator in the world, stand on the highest building in Shanghai, and have a bird's-eye view of the entire city of Shanghai at the Shanghai Tower.
Visit Yu Garden, the most domineering private classical Chinese garden, with five resident dragons. The dragon was the symbol of the emperor, and only emperors could use dragons as decoration.
Try some xiaolongbao (steamed buns) for lunch in a local restaurant that has a history of over 100 years.
Explore the French Concession and learn about the colonial past of Shanghai, appreciating the elegant residences.
Walk along the Bund and experience the prosperous Nanjing Road. It's a good place to do some shopping before leaving Shanghai.
At the end of the trip, we will escort you to your hotel, the airport, the cruise port, or the train station. Please specify your requirements.
1. Customizing the Tour - According to Your Needs
This tour is very flexible. You can alter the itinerary and extend or shorten it to suit your schedule.
For example, you can start the tour from the airport at 7am and finish at the train station by 2pm.
2. A Layover Trip
This day trip is recommended for tourists with a layover of over 12 hours.
If your stop is less than 12 hours, we suggest shortening the tour - please let us know your schedule.
3. Price Information
based on 2 persons
- 1-1 consultancy from an experienced travel expert
- Private air-conditioned business car with big windows and ample space
- English speaking local guide
- Activities and meals listed in the itinerary
- 24/7 helpline for while you are traveling