Suzhou is one of the best ambassadors for Chinese classical gardens. On this day trip, you will have the chance to explore the most famous Suzhou gardens, venture into alleyways to observe local life, and taste the most authentic Suzhou food.
- Stroll around the biggest classical garden in Suzhou—the Humble Administrator's Garden
- Unveil the secret culture of night garden in Suzhou
- Take a rickshaw ride in Suzhou’s alleys and catch a glimpse of local people’s lives
- Experience the history of more than 2,500 years on Tiger Hill
We’ll pick you up in the morning from your hotel in Suzhou, and you will start your tour at the biggest classical garden in Suzhou, Humble Administrator's Garden.
As one of China’s top four gardens, the Humble Administrator's Garden enjoys a great reputation, and it is a must-see garden in Suzhou. You will explore its leisure area and residential area, which include gardens, bridges, kiosks and exquisite halls.
Have lunch at a local Suzhou restaurant, and your tour guide will recommend popular local food for you. The most famous Suzhou food is squirrel-shaped mandarin fish; sweet and sour fish cooked in the shape of a squirrel.
Humble Administrator's Garden
The best way to see authentic Suzhou local life is to take a rickshaw ride. The rickshaw driver will bring you through small alleys along the Suzhou canyon, and you’ll pass by primary schools, food markets, ancient wells and stone pagodas…
Different from classical gardens, Tiger Hill is not only a garden, but a combination of kiosks, pagodas, temples, pools, springs and bonsai garden. The hill has over 2,500 years of history, and has many interesting stories associated with it.
After dinner at local restaurant, start to explore a different Suzhou-- visit a garden at night.
The Nets Master Garden is only 1/6 of the size of the Humble Administrator's Garden, but it is the most ingenious classical garden in Suzhou. Explore such a lovely garden at night is totally different from during the day. Follow the step of the staff, and you will find amazing live traditional Chinese culture performance hidden in the pavilions.
After the trip, we’ll take you back to the train station or to your hotel in Suzhou.
This trip will start and end at your hotel in Suzhou. If you are not in Suzhou, please tell us your departure city, and we can arrange the round-trip bullet train for you.
Customizing the Tour — According to Your Needs
This tour is very flexible. You can alter the itinerary and extend or shorten it to suit your schedule.
For example, you can start the tour from your Suzhou hotel at 7am and finish at Shanghai train station by 2pm. The final quotation will be vary from the final itinerary.
Our service includes
- Our 1-to-1 expert China consultancy with unlimited itinerary changes
- Booking of China internal flights, trains, and cruises, per your preferences
- Your own China-Highlights-trained, versatile and knowledgeable tour guide
- Your own chauffeured and comfortable vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Entry to all attractions on your itinerary, with queues avoided wherever possible
- Our 24-7 helpline for while you are travelling