Suzhou is a lovely garden city with over 60 classical gardens. Near to Shanghai, people often visit Suzhou from Shanghai in one day. This tour offers an opportunity to visit the highlights of Suzhou and Tongli Water Town in one day from Shanghai.
- Visit the most famous garden, the Humble Administrator's Garden.
- Take a rickshaw to explore Suzhou’s lanes and food market.
- Relax in a rowing boat and enjoy the beautiful canals in Tongli Water Town.
Your private guide and driver will be waiting for you in your hotel's lobby so get ready to enjoy Suzhou.
It’s about 1½ hours' drive to Suzhou from Shanghai. On the highway, you can see the typical outskirts and modern countryside of East China.
The Humble Administrator's Garden is the biggest classical garden in Suzhou, with lotus ponds, rock gardens, and exquisite pavilions — it’s very good for photography.
Explore Suzhou life by taking a rickshaw along the ancient canal. You will go into little lanes, pass a primary school, and chat with local people in a food market.
Enjoy authentic food in a local restaurant. Your guide will help you to order the dishes. The most famous dish in Suzhou is squirrel-shaped Mandarin fish.
Tongli Water Town is only 30 minutes' drive from Suzhou. It’s a small water town with lovely traditional architecture and bridges — the local people still live there.
At the end of the trip, we will escort you back to your hotel in Shanghai. You will arrive in Shanghai at around 6pm.
Customizing the Tour — According to Your Needs
This tour is very flexible. You can alter the itinerary and extend or shorten it to suit your schedule.
For example, you can start the tour from your Suzhou hotel at 7am and finish at Shanghai train station by 2pm.
Our service includes
- Our 1-to-1 expert China consultancy with unlimited itinerary changes
- Booking of China internal flights, trains, and cruises, per your preferences
- Your own China-Highlights-trained, versatile and knowledgeable tour guide
- Your own chauffeured and comfortable vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Entry to all attractions on your itinerary, with queues avoided wherever possible
- Our 24-7 helpline for while you are travelling