The Best of Wulingyuan
One Day Zhangjiajie National Forest Park Tour
- Meet the real Hallelujah Mountain, a shooting location of Avatar 2.
- Embrace fantastic Tianzi Mountain views - a bonsai garden of peaks.
- Ascend or descend 300m of cliff in 2 minutes on the Bailong Elevator.
- Spend 6 minutes on the Tianzishan Cable car, taking a bird’s-eye view.
About China Highlights
Since 1998 we've guided everyone ranging from US presidents, Australian Geographic and retired backpackers. Our goal is to create unique trips that take you off-the-beaten path, helping you discover China in a more authentic way. Our motto: "Discovery Your Way!"
Everything was so smooth and easy with them- they knew our flight had been changed (we traveled during a low season) even before we did! Everybody in our family enjoyed the stunning scenery and breathtaking/scary glass sky walks- recommend this trip for adults and families alike. Having a tour guide is best- we would have wasted a lot of time with logistics otherwise. Ann knew the best times and methods of getting around everywhere and made good recommendations on everything from food to timing. We especially appreciated that we never felt like we were being fleeced because we were tourists- nobody steering us toward overpriced junk souvenirs. We also especially enjoyed Ann’s sharing of local culture, stories, and songs (bonus: Ann has a beautiful singing voice!) more
Check in at the entrance at about 9 am. Your guide will accompany you on the shuttle bus to the Tianzi Mountain cable car station. After 6 minutes in the sky, step into the picturesque Tianzi Mountain area.
If you travel in peak season, your guide may do the itinerary in reverse to avoid the worst of the tourist crowds.
After visiting Tianzi Mountain, take a 1-hour shuttle bus to Yuanjiajie, where Hallelujah Mountain is located. Avatar 2 producers used this site as a set in March of 2019 for the upcoming 2022 movie. Explore at your own pace. You will find more interesting mountains, like Natural Stone Bridge.
Then take Bailong Elevator down to the hill and catch up with a shuttle bus to the entrance. Finish the day tour at about 4 pm.
1. The itinerary is for reference only. Our guides have the most up-to-date information about visitor numbers in the national park, and they will adjust the order according to the situation and your preference.
2. Lunch is included, but there are very limited restaurant choices in the national park. Usually your guide will suggest you have a big breakfast and will prepare some snacks. You will then have a late lunch after a transfer to downtown Zhangjiajie.