Leshan is accessible by railways, highways and waterways. Chengdu is the best gateway to Leshan. Read on to find how to get to Leshan.
Currently, there is no airport in Leshan. Leshan airport is under construction and is expected to be put into use by the end of 2021. Taking a bullet is the most recommended and convenient way to travel to Leshan.
Leshan Railway Station
Address: Jinzhan Avenue, Qingjiang New District
Leshan Railway Station is about 14 kilometers away from the Leshan Giant Buddha. There are over 20 bullet trains running between Chengdu and Leshan every day. Seven bullet trains operate between Mount Emei and Leshan.
- Chengdu to Leshan: about 1 hour
- Mount Emei to Leshan: about 15 minutes
Leshan is a famous tourist city, and the transportation is very convenient, there are three main long-distance bus stations: Leshan Central Bus Station, Leshan Xiaoba Tourist Bus Station, Leshan Lianyun Bus Station:
Leshan Central Bus Station
- Address: No.586 Luyou Road, Shizhong District, Leshan City
- Destination: Chongqing, Meishan, Zigong, Dujiangyan, Luzhou, Mianyang, Ya'an, Shuangliu Airport, etc.
Leshan Xiaoba Tourist Bus Station
- Address: No. 451 Xiaoba Road, Shizhong District
- Destination: Chengdu, Baoguo Temple (Mt. Emei)
Leshan Lianyun Bus Station
- Address: No. 526 East Section of Longyou Road, Shizhong District
- Destination: Chengdu, Jianwei County, Luocheng Town, Ebian County, etc
You can take ferries from the Leshan port to Giant Buddha and Wuyou Temple. Visitors can also take ships to Chongqing and other cities in Sichuan Province like Yibin, Luzhou, etc.
Transportation within City
Public bus and taxi are main means of transportation.
Bus 3, 601, 605, and K1 lead to Leshan Giant Buddha. Taking a taxi is an efficient way. A journey from Leshan Railway Station to Leshan Giant Buddha takes about 30 minutes.
Travel Leshan with Us
A private tour with a private guide and driver allows you to make the most of your time sightseeing without getting lost or needing to navigate. You can also control the pace of travel.
Our local guide will show you the highlights and lead you to the best touring route. See our recommended Leshan tour:
- 2-Day Giant Panda and Giant Buddha Tour - visit pandas and the Leshan Giant Buddha efficiently without missing any highlights
Our tour can be customized. Just use our Create My Trip service to tailor-make your own tour.