There are several high revolving and skyscraper restaurants in Shanghai that offer a fabulous bird's eye view of Shanghai's skyline. We have selected the following six based on their locations, travelers' feedback and service.
1. Oriental Pearl Tower Revolving Restaurant (东方明珠空中旋转餐厅)
Located in the second big ball of the Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower, the Oriental Pearl Tower Revolving Restaurant is the highest revolving restaurant in Asia with a height of 263 meters. It has a capacity for 350 guests with a business area of 1,500 square meters. The luxury elevator in the 4.2 meters’ high ticket hall will send you to the 263 meters’ high sightseeing floor smoothly within 40 seconds with a high speed of 7 meters per second.
The restaurant offers a large buffet dinner and hundreds of kinds of Chinese and Western delicacies surrounded by dining booths with flowers that can be enjoyed there. Through the transparent glass, you can have a full view of the scenery including Huangpu River. The restaurant revolves a full circle every two hours, and you can have an all-round panorama of this lively city.
- Price for the buffet lunch: 200 yuan per person (from 11:30am to 2pm)
- Address: 1 Century Avenue, Pudong New Area, Shanghai
2. Club Jinmao at Grand Hyatt (金茂俱乐部上海餐厅)
Known as "Shanghai’s top Shanghainese restaurant," the Club Jinmao Restaurant at the Grand Hyatt is one of the most upscale restaurants in Shanghai. It is near the top of the Jinmao Tower that is the third tallest in the city. The decorations are simple and elegant. The restaurant doesn't revolve, but the view is good. Going there on a sunny day is the perfect time as you will have a full view of Shanghai and can enjoy looking at the adjacent Oriental Pearl TV Tower through the large French window.
- Price per person: 600 yuan
- Address: 86th Floor, Jinmao Tower, 88 Shiji Da Dao, Century Avenue, Pudong District
3. Suntory (燦鸟)
Set on the 46th floor of Wayfoong Building, this restaurant lets you take in the whole of the Pudong District at a glance due to the big wide view. The restaurant doesn't revolve. The Japanese ingredients there are very fresh as they are airlifted from Japan and, of course, the prices are very expensive as well. Usually it is mostly crowded with Japanese people.
- Price per person: 314 yuan
- Address: 46th floor, Wayfoong Building, 1000 Lujiazui Loop Road, Pudong District
4. Radisson Revolving Restaurant (丽笙旋转餐厅)
This restaurant is on the 45th floor of the New World Radisson Hotel. It is 208 meters from the ground and provides classic delicious food from Europe, Japan, India and China. Excellent dishes, a variety of appetizers, pretty tempting desserts, as well as lots of typical local dishes from many countries are available. The restaurant revolves a full circle every 90 minutes, and you can have a full view of this lively city through the transparent glass when enjoying your meal.
It features an open kitchen which lies in the center of the restaurant and shows the excellent cooking performances. You can sit down at the Teppanyaki counter to watch how the chef cooks a delicious dish for you according to your preferences.
- Price per person: 400 yuan
- Address: 45th floor, New World Radisson Hotel, 88 West Nanjing Road, Huangpu District
5. Revolving Novotel Atlantis Shanghai (上海海神诺富特大酒店)
Going around in circles on the 50th floor of Novotel Atlantis Hotel, this restaurant mainly provides a seafood buffet from which you can not only feast on fresh lobster, smoked salmon and other classic seafood dishes, but also enjoy salads, sandwiches, grilled meat and soup. You'll enjoy Cantonese food and the local cuisine. Drinks and beers are unlimited, so you can drink as much as you like.
- Price per person: 300 yuan
- Address: 50th floor, 728 Pudong Avenue, Pudong District, Shanghai
6. Golden Tai King Shark's Fin Restaurant (兰生金泰皇鱼翅餐厅)
Sitting in the 39th floor of Lansheng Building, your eyes will also have a feast as you look at the modern scenery below such as the elegant fashion in Huaihai Road, People’s Square, and the modernization in Lujiazui. Listening to the wonderful music and eating delicious food at the same time is a great enjoyment. Cantonese food is mainly served there.
- Price per person: 300 yuan
- Address: Floors 38-39, Lansheng Building, 8 Huaihai Zhong Road, Luwan District
Gourmet Dining and Touring
- See Shanghai's ostentatious skyline including the Jinmao Tower from the best vantage points on our Shanghai tours.
- We arrange reservations, accommodations, tickets and visas in advance saving you a lot of time and trouble. Contact us to make reservations for lunch or dinner in any of these restaurants or to stay in the Grand Hyatt or another of the hotels.