- China Tours +
- Create My Trip
- Destinations +
- Travel Guide +
- China Visa
- The Great Wall of China
- China’s Top 10 Attractions
- Giant Pandas
- The Terracotta Army
- Best of China
- Culture +
- Asia Tours
- Day Tours
Shanghai Disneyland Park is the first Disney theme park in mainland China, which blends the magic of Disney and unique cultural elements of China. Embark on a magical journey through various themed lands filled with world-class attractions and spectacular entertainment.
Adhering to the essence of a traditional "Disneyland" theme park, Shanghai Disneyland Park boasts many innovations and variations.
There are six themed lands in Shanghai Disneyland Park: Mickey Avenue, Gardens of Imagination, Adventure Isle, Treasure Cove, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland. Here are some highlights of each land:
You can also see shows and parades in the park. You can get a schedule of show and parade times at the park entrance.
It is impossible to visit all the attractions in one day, so just choose what you like and make a good plan before you going there.
Before you head off make sure you download the official Shanghai Disneyland App as it displays live standby times and has an offline map of the park.
Try to arrive at the park before 7:30am. One minute later possibly means one more hour waiting in the park.
Here is a travel route covering all top-ranked attractions and shows:
Upon entry at 9am, take a sharp right and power rush to the Fastpass station at Adventure Land and get your Fastpass for Soaring Over the Horizon. It is more convenient to get it on your phone.
1. Firstly, head to Tomorrowland for the TRON Lightcycle Power Run, one of the fastest coasters in the park. If you want a milder ride, go for Jet Packs.
2. Then, line up Disney Magic ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Fantasyland.
3. Afterwards, head to Treasure Cove for Pirates of the Caribbean Battle for the Sunken Treasure and dive deep underwater to meet monsters and seek treasure.
4. Around 11:00, grab a Fastpast for Roaring Rapids at Adventure Isle.
5. According to the time on your Fastpast experience Soaring Over the Horizon.
Around 12:00, head to Mickey Avenue for Disney characters parade. Then take lunch in the park or at Disneytown.
1. Head to Adventure Isle for Roaring Rapids according to the designated time on your Fastpast.
2. Pick from the remaining attractions and shows.
3. When the sun sets, go onboard the Voyage to the Crystal Grotto at Fantasyland, a Disneyland Shanghai exclusive ride that features numerous sculpture gardens and takes you underneath Storybook Castle.
4. At 8:30pm, watch Disneyland Shanghai’s daily fireworks show titled Ignite the Dream.
Many people choose to depart the park after the fireworks show. The waiting time declines sharply. If you still have energy and time, it is a golden time to experience more attractions.
1. If you don't like adventure, don't try TRON Lightcycle Power Run, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Soaring Over the Horizon
2. If you travel with kids, don't miss the attractions:
3. If you have visited Disneyland in other places and have trouble deciding what to see and do, the following attractions are unique to Shanghai Disneyland:
You are highly recommended to pick up a Disney Fastpass. It is very helpful to shorten your waiting times for selected attractions.
You may obtain a Fastpass at participating Guest Services locations or on the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App for no extra charge and subject to availability.
To get a Fastpass on your mobile device:
To get a Fastpass at a Disney Fastpass distribution kiosk:
1. The first thing to do
when you enter the park should be to pick up a Fastpass, which are quickly
2. It is much more energy-saving and time-saving to get the Fastpass on the Shanghai Disney Resort App.
3. You can only select one attraction for a Fastpass visit each 2 hours.
Shanghai Disneyland is in the core zone of Shanghai International Tourism and Resorts Zone, Chuansha New Town, Pudong New Area.
It is approximately 21 kilometers east from the center of Shanghai, 12 kilometers west from Pudong International Airport, and 30 kilometers east from the Hongqiao transport hub.
By metro: You can take metro Line 11 and get off the train at the terminal station: Disney Resort. On arrival, take Exit 1 and walk about 5 minutes to the park.
By bus: You can take bus Pudong 50, 51, or 52 to South Public Transit Hub in the middle of Shanghai Disney Resort. Then transfer to shuttle bus 2 or 3 to the resort, or walk for about one mile (1.6 km).
By taxi: It takes about one hour from downtown Shanghai to Disneyland by taxi, and costs about 130 yuan.
By metro: Take the Maglev or metro Line 2 to Longyan Road, then Line 16 to Luoshan Road, and Line 11 to Disney Resort.
By taxi: It takes about 40 minutes from Shanghai Pudong Airport to Shanghai Disney Resort and costs about 70 yuan.
By metro: Take metro Line 10 at Shanghai Hongqiao Airport to Shanghai Jiaotong University Station, then Line 11 to Disney Resort.
By taxi: It takes about 1 hour from Shanghai Hongqiao Airport to Shanghai Disney Resort area and costs about 200 yuan.
Three methods to book your ticket:
1. Book on the official website: https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/
2. Book on mobile app. Download the official app at https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/download-shanghai-disney-mobile-app/
3. Book via phone: 400-180-0000, +86-21-3158-0000.
|Ticket Type||Regular||Weekends, public holidays, July & August|
|Standard (1.4m+ / 4’8”+)||1-day||CNY 370||CNY 499|
|2-day||CNY 670||CNY 900|
Child (1–1.4m / 3’4”–4’8”)
Senior (aged 65+)
|1-day||CNY 280||CNY 375|
|2-day||CNY 510||CNY 680|
The Disney Resort includes two themed hotels: Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel. Shuttle buses are available between the park and hotels.
Disneytown is just outside the park. It hosts a blend of shopping, dining, and entertainment. It is free to enter.
The Wishing Star Park is a great place to enjoy a leisurely stroll, with beautiful gardens, a walking path, and a glittering lake.
Daily wheelchair/stroller rentals are available for 90 yuan.
2. ATM machines are available in the park. You can use UnionPay, Visa Card, MasterCard, etc.
3. The Baby Care Center next to "First Aid" on Mickey Avenue provides a convenient place to feed, change, and nurse your little ones.
4. Luggage Storage services are available for an additional fee. You can store any size luggage for a per-piece fee of 80 yuan per day.
Since the Disneyland Park opened, it has become another highlight of a Shanghai tour. Travel with China Highlights to discover Shanghai in your own way.