Lhasa Highlights Comfort Tour
Many people are afraid of the high altitude and thin air in Tibet and fear that travel in Tibet is not easy. This tour will change your mind! What we do is to make your tour as easy and comfortable as in any other place. Free suggestions for domestic transportation help you to connect Tibet with other destinations in China!
On this 4-day tour you will visit the most spectacular sites in Lhasa, such as Potala Palace, Sera Monastery and Jokhang Temple, and enjoy our professional service such as comfort oxygen-supplying hotel room, fresh fruit, unlimited bottled water, oxygen bottles…
- Sufficient oxygen whenever you want - oxygen-supplying hotel room and oxygen bottles arranged
- Immerse yourself in the exquisite chambers in the Potala Palace
- Join local people's kora (circle for religon) on the Barkhor Street
- Make a wish and pray to the most holy golden statue of Sakyamuni in the Jokhang Temple
- Watch the monks debate at Sera Monastery
Accommodation in Lhasa: InterContinental Lhasa Paradise
InterContinental Lhasa Paradise
- All the rooms in this hotel provide oxygen from the air conduit, and the oxygen-supplying time is 22:00-6:00 during the night. A free oxygen bar is open from 6:00-22:00 during the day.
- Altitude sickness usually appears several hours after arrival, and people might have a headache and feel sick, especially during the night. The oxygen supplied in the room will help you have relief and have a good rest.
Morning flights to Lhasa are reliable and likely to be on time. We suggest you take a morning flight as then you can rest in the afternoon. Your local private driver and guide will be ready and waiting for you at Lhasa airport/train station. You will be transferred directly to your hotel in a comfortable, non-smoking business van. Enjoy some fresh fruit and relax in your oxygen-supplying room, get ready for tomorrow's culture feast.
To preempt altitude sickness, we suggest you have a good rest and do not get too excited. We have not arranged any activity for this first day of your trip, in order to give you time to acclimatize.
1. Tibet Travel Permit
You will need a Tibet Entry Permit. Its cost is included in the tour quotation. Send your passport and China visa copies to us 20 days in advance, and we will apply for your permit once you book a Tibetan tour with us.
In our experience, we can virtually guarantee to get your permit during times when Tibet is open to foreign travelers.
2. Altitude Sickness
Before your trip, ask your doctor for any suggestions in relation to altitude sickness and take some medicine with you, just in case. The most popular altitude medicine among foreigners is Acetazolamide/Diamox.
We recommend that during the first 2 days after arriving in Tibet, you should keep warm, avoid taking a bath, and refrain from smoking or drinking alcohol.
Drink plenty of water (more than 4 liters per day) before you go out and when you have reached a higher altitude, and eat lots of vegetables and carbohydrates. Slow down, even if you feel energetic. Moving slowly is the best way to avoid altitude sickness.
If you don't feel well after entering Tibet, go and see a doctor as soon as possible. There are doctors in major hotels in Lhasa, and you can call your tour guide for help at any time. We offer a free oxygen bag in the car.
Our English-speaking guides are natives of Tibet with good knowledge of Tibetan culture, history, and Buddhism. They are trained to offer a Western standard of service.
Customizing the Tour — According to Your Needs
This tour is very flexible. You can alter the itinerary, extending or shortening it to suit your price, interests, and schedule.
|Dec.1 - Mar.31||Price|
|Apr.1 - Nov.31||
Our service includes
- Our 1-to-1 expert China consultancy with unlimited itinerary changes
- Booking of China internal flights, trains, and cruises, per your preferences
- Your own China-Highlights-trained, versatile and knowledgeable tour guide
- Your own chauffeured and comfortable vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Hand-picking of hotels for your requirements
- Hotel breakfasts arranged, and local restaurant lunches ordered, to suit you
- Entry to all attractions on your itinerary, with queues avoided wherever possible
- Our 24-7 helpline for while you are travelling