The Best of Taipei
One Day Private Taipei City Tour with Michelin Star Lunch
Your private tour begins as you make your way to the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, built in memory of the former president of Republic of China, and then admire its blue octagonal roof and browse the history of Taipei at the museum on the ground floor.
Next, take an elevator 101 floors up to the top of one of the world's tallest skyscrapers-Taipei 101-designed to withstand typhoons and earthquakes. Take in the impressive view from 1,667 feet (508 m) for a bird's-eye view of the city. During your break have a lunch at Din Tai Fung, one of the most renowned restaurants in the world, and savor the signature dumplings and xiaolongpao (bread rolls) that earned this restaurant a Michelin star.
Continue to the famous Taipei Confucius Temple. While you wander the grounds of the 19th-century temple, built in the Qing Dynasty and modeled after the original Confucius Temple in China. Here you can see the beautiful Fujian-style ceramics.Then at the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Dalongdong Baoan Temple, built more than 200 years ago, marvel at the ornate roof as well as beautiful stone and wood carvings of lions and dragons before you return to your hotel.
- Duration: 8 - 10 hours
- Tour valid: Whole year round
- Activities Level: Easy
- Transport: air-conditioned vehicle
- Meals: Lunch
- Size of Group: Min. 2 persons
- Tour: Private tour
- Departure: Daily
- Departure Time: customized (suggested 09:00 am)
- Departure Place: (hotel lobby, your hotel should be located in Taipei downtown)
Blackout Dates (if applicable): 2017, Jan. 27 - Feb. 1 will be Chinese New Year, as the dates of the Chinese New Year holiday differs each year , we will let you know in front what the new dates are.
Our Service Includes:
- One-to-one consultancy with our travel expert
- Versatile and knowledgeable local guides
- Your own chauffeur and comfortable vehicle
- Hand-picked hotels to suit your preferences
- Hotel buffet breakfasts and local restaurant lunches
- Entry to all attractions on the itinerary
- The booking of internal transportation per your preferences
- A 24/7 helpline while you are traveling
About China Highlights
Since 1998 we've guided everyone ranging from US presidents, Australian Geographic and retired backpackers. Our goal is to create unique trips that take you off-the-beaten path, helping you discover China in a more authentic way. Our motto: "Discovery Your Way!"
A great tour
Our trip to Beijing was brilliantly organised and stress free. As usual with China Highlights our guide Ivy was really well prepared, knowledgeable and dealt with all the security, covid checks and tests etc. It made the trip really easy. more