One Day Private Jiufen Gold Rush Town and Keelung Harbor Night Market
Experience Jiufen, once a prosperous gold rush town, on this one-day excursion nearby Keelung. Discover retro Chinese and Japanese-style cafés and tea houses, pristine eroded rocks, the gorgeous Golden Waterfall, bustling Keelung Night Market, and fantastic views of the ocean.
- Golden Waterfall-a pristine & unique fall with yellow hue;
- Historical Jiufen Old Street & retro-style café & tea house;
- Sighting of wonderful rock erosion at Heping Island Park;
- Bustling Keelung Market & variety of tasty local delicacies;
Start your trip with a pickup from your hotel and drive to Jiufen. Along the way, take in the breathtaking view of the mountains and scenic vistas of the Pacific Ocean.
Upon arrival, walk along the historical Jiufen Old Street, a market street that stretches through most of the village, and discover the retro blend of Chinese and Japanese architecture on cafés, tea houses, and souvenir shops. Then head to the Golden Waterfall, which earned its nickname from its yellow hue caused by the combination of regular rainfall in the mining area and abundant heavy metal elements deposited in the riverbed.Continue your adventure at Heping Island Park. While here, take out your camera and snap photos of the famous 'bean-curd rock' as well as pedestal rocks formed by wave erosion and crustal movement.
Later, stop at Keelung Miaokou Night Market, nation-wide and well-known for its great diversity and tasty local delicacies. Wander through the lanes and alleys before your transfer takes you back to your hotel.
- Guided tour of Jiufen
- Admission fees
- Traditional Taiwanese lunch
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your hotel by private vehicle
- Food & Beverage Details: Taiwanese lunch
Tip: Please wear comfortable shoes
- Day 1 Jiufen Gold Rush Town – Keelung Harbour Night market
- Duration: 8 - 10 hours
- Tour valid: Whole year round
- Activities Level: Easy
- Transport: air-conditioned vehicle
- Meals: Lunch
- Size of Group: Min. 2 persons
- Tour style: Private tour
- Departure Time: customized (suggested 09:00 am)
- Departure Place: customized (hotel lobby, your hotel should be located in Taipei downtown)
Blackout Dates (if applicable): 2017, Jan. 27 - Feb. 1 will be Chinese New Year, as the dates of the Chinese New Year holiday differs each year , we will let you know in front what the new dates are.
Our Service Includes:
- One-to-one consultancy with our travel expert
- Versatile and knowledgeable local guides
- Your own chauffeur and comfortable vehicle
- Hand-picked hotels to suit your preferences
- Hotel buffet breakfasts and local restaurant lunches
- Entry to all attractions on the itinerary
- The booking of internal transportation per your preferences
- A 24/7 helpline while you are traveling