The Romance of Ocean
One Day Private Sea to Sky Nanya Rocky Shore and Pinxi Sky Lantern
- Chance to make a wish on a sky lantern & set it free;
- Impressive view of Bitou Cape's rocky shore & a tasty lunch
- Visit to famed Shifen Waterfall, Taiwan's own Niagara Falls
- A look at rustic Pingxi Railway tracks & learn about miners
With a personal guide, discover the wonders of northeast Taiwan on this full-day tour. Admire the majestic northern coastline, see the beautiful Shifen Waterfall, and walk along the old tracks at the Pingxi Railway. Then end your day by releasing a paper lantern into the evening sky.
Once you leave your hotel, get to know your guide along the way to the Bitou Cape Trail. Step out for a magnificent view of the coastline with rocky shores, sandy beaches, algae, and wildlife including hermit crabs and sea cucumbers. After this we will have a delicious Taiwanese lunch, afterwards we head to the Pingxi Railway for views of early Taiwan and learn the history of the Pingxi miners while you admire the rustic scenery.
Next, head over to the Niagara Falls of Taiwan, Shifen Waterfall. Relax and unwind at the scenic and powerful waterfall while you watch the cascades from 66 feet (20 m) above. Marvel at this natural wonder and the rock formations shaping the falls like a horseshoe.
Wrap up your day by writing a wish on a paper lantern and letting it loose into the sky. If you visit during the Lantern Festival, marvel at the sky as it glimmers with the many floating wishes of the festival participants before you return to your hotel.
- Guided tour of Taiwan's northeast coast
- Admission fees
- Traditional Taiwanese lunch
- Sky Lantern releasing
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your hotel by private vehicle
- Food & Beverage Details: seafood lunch or Taiwanese lunch
Tip: Please wear comfortable shoes
- Duration: 8 - 10 hours
- Tour valid: Whole year round
- Activities Level: Easy
- Transport: air-conditioned vehicle
- Meals: Lunch
- Size of Group: Min. 2 persons
- Tour: Private tour
- Departure Time: customized (suggested 09:00 am)
- Departure Place: customized (hotel lobby, your hotel should be located in Taipei downtown)
Blackout Dates (if applicable): 2017, Jan. 27 - Feb. 1 will be Chinese New Year, as the dates of the Chinese New Year holiday differs each year , we will let you know in front what the new dates are.
Our Service Includes:
- One-to-one consultancy with our travel expert
- Versatile and knowledgeable local guides
- Your own chauffeur and comfortable vehicle
- Hand-picked hotels to suit your preferences
- Hotel buffet breakfasts and local restaurant lunches
- Entry to all attractions on the itinerary
- The booking of internal transportation per your preferences
- A 24/7 helpline while you are traveling
About China Highlights
Since 1998 we've guided everyone ranging from US presidents, Australian Geographic and retired backpackers. Our goal is to create unique trips that take you off-the-beaten path, helping you discover China in a more authentic way. Our motto: "Discovery Your Way!"
A great tour
Our trip to Beijing was brilliantly organised and stress free. As usual with China Highlights our guide Ivy was really well prepared, knowledgeable and dealt with all the security, covid checks and tests etc. It made the trip really easy. more