One-Day Private Yehliu Geopark & Tamsui Harbor Meeting the Western Tour
Discover the beauty of Taipei's shore with a visit to the fantastic geological site of Yehliu. Later, stop by Fort San Domingo and see the castle-like fort built by the Spaniards before you take a stroll at the old seaside district of Tamsui (formerly called Dashui).
- View of marvelous geological formations at Yehliu Geopark
- Historical Fort San Domingo with Spanish & Dutch touches
- The legend of Dr. Mackay, the Canadian Presbyterian Missionary
- Breath of fresh air with beautiful sights over Tamsui River
- Opportunity to sample local dishes along Tamsui Old Street
Begin your tour with pickup at your hotel in Taipei and drive 1 hour northwest to Yehliu Geopark, a national park. Upon arrival, admire the magnificent scenic views of the coastline and be mesmerized at the remarkable rocky promontory overlooking the bay. Enjoy photo opportunities of the many distinctive hoodoo stones with unique names such as Queen's Head, Fairy Shoe, and Ginger Rocks.
During your break have a tasty lunch before making your way to Fort San Domingo, Taiwan's most prominent structure with foreign involvement. Originally built by the Spanish in 1629, the fort was reconstructed by the Dutch to incorporate a red brick veranda and red roof tiles, which helped earn the fort's nickname ” Fort of the Red Head”. It was the former British consulate as well, so you may see the consular’s residence, a Victorian-style building with red bricks, next to it.
Dr. Mackay, the Canadian Presbyterian Missionary, also had great influence in Tamsui area. He founded the first woman school in Taiwan, which was definitely a pioneer project during that time.
Visit a temple to listen the miracle story of how the QingShui Master protect Tamsui habitants from Guerre Franco-Chinoise (Sino-French War).
Then, head to the historical Tamsui district and walk on Tamsui Old Street along the riverbank. Get a closer look at the traditional red brick buildings before strolling to the market. Take the chance to sample Tamsui's most famous and authentic dish, ah gei—fried tofu with noodles and spicy sauce—and notable snacks like fish dumplings and grilled squid, before your guide takes you to your hotel. Lean against the fence of Tamsui Fisherman's Wharf and enjoy the breeze and sights at the Tamsui River's mouth.
- Guided tour of Yehliu Geopark, Fort San Domingo, and Tamsui
- Admission fees
- Traditional Taiwanese lunch
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your Taipei city hotel by private vehicle
Tip: Please wear comfortable shoes
- Duration: 8 - 10 hours
- Tour valid: Whole year round
- Activities Level: Easy
- Transport: air-conditioned vehicle
- Meals: Lunch
- Size of Group: Min. 2 persons
- Tour: Private tour
- Departure Time: customized (suggested 09:00 am)
- Departure Place: customized (hotel lobby, your hotel should be located in Taipei downtown)
Blackout Dates (if applicable): 2017, Jan. 27 - Feb. 1 will be Chinese New Year, as the dates of the Chinese New Year holiday differs each year , we will let you know in front what the new dates are.
Price for Private group:(Price is based per person. Child tickets should be booked in addition.)
Group based on 1 adult – 308 USD per adult
Group based on 2 adults – 154 USD per adult
Group based on 3 adults – 143 USD per adult
Group based on 4 adults – 121 USD per adult
Group based on 5 adults or more – 110 USD per adult
Child price – 55 USD per child (3-12 years old)
Infant price - 0 TWD per infant (0-2 years old)