10 Top China Tours from Hong Kong
Why Start Your China Tour from Hong Kong?
- International portal: More than 100 international flights travel from Asia, the US, Australia, and Europe to Hong Kong every day.
- Gateway to the Chinese mainland: There are regular flights to about 40 popular destinations in Chinese mainland.
- Fusion of the East and the West: Hong Kong’s language and food are affected by both Chinese and Western cultures, making Hong Kong a comparatively easy start for Westerners.
How to Plan a China Trip from Hong Kong
From Hong Kong to the Next Destination
Our customers usually choose the following cities to visit after their Hong Kong tours:
- Beijing: the capital city of China, Beijing is a better choice for the arrival destination from Hong Kong because of the convenient transportation, 144-hour visa-free policy, and more travel choices
- Guilin: karst landscape, idyllic countryside in Yangshuo
- Kunming: amazing natural scenery, diverse ethnic customs, and a pleasant climate
- Shenzhen and Guangzhou: dynamic cities, a popular amusement park
Tips for Planning a China Tour from Hong Kong:
Be aware of the visa policy. Visitors from approximately 160 countries are allowed to enter Hong Kong without visas. If you are eligible for the 72-hour/144-hour visa-free transit policy in key cities in the Chinese mainland, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, and Guilin, you can travel to China from Hong Kong without a visa.
Think of the travel time. Generally speaking, you need at least 10 days for your China tours from Hong Kong, of which you need 2 days for Hong Kong and 8 days for a basic China combo travel route. If your time is limited, you can just tour one city from Hong Kong, such as Beijing, Shanghai, or Guilin. Alternatively, contact us to tailor-make your unique tour.
Best China Tours from Hong Kong
The following tours are 10 of the best China tours from Hong Kong. These are provided as inspiration and a possible framework for your own tailor-made China tour. Tell us what you would like. Your dedicated one-to-one travel consultant will customize any itinerary to suit your interests, tastes, and budget.
4-day Guilin, Longsheng, and Yangshuo tour
8-Day Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, and Shangri-La Tour
4-Day Essence of Guangzhou and Shenzhen Tour
8-Day Beijing–Xi'an–Shanghai Tour
11-Day Beijing – Xi'an – Guilin/Yangshuo – Shanghai
13-Day Private Tour: Beijing – Xi'an – Chengdu –Yangtze Cruise – Shanghai
13-Day Beijing – Xi'an – Chengdu – Guilin – Hong Kong
11-Day Beijing – Xi'an – Guilin – Shanghai
About China Highlights
Since 1998 we've guided everyone ranging from US presidents, Australian Geographic and retired backpackers. Our goal is to create unique trips that take you off-the-beaten path, helping you discover China in a more authentic way. Our motto: "Discovery Your Way!"
Successful Trip to Beijing from Shanghai Shortly after Lockdown
As always, Monica has helped us with all the travel arrangements, planned our trip and followed up with us during the whole travel. It was challenging coming from Shanghai to Beijing shortly after the massive lockdown so we appreciated this attention a lot. It was too hot, so first day in the Forbidden City was a challenge but Ivy was helping us find as much shade as possible. We also visited Mutianyu Great Wall section, Temple of Heaven, Universal Studios, Summer Palace, Olympic Site and went on Hutong tour. Even though it might seem a lot, our small children managed well and loved everything about this trip. Ivy was very flexible with the length of explanations and rerouting our travel depending on temperate and tiredness. Overall, it was a success and we will for sure travel again with China Highlights. more