Beijing North Railway Station was once the Xizhimen Railway Station which was built during the Qing Dynasty. It was closed in 2016 for renovation and reopened in 2019, along with the operation of Beijing - Zhangjiakou and Beijing - Datong high-speed railways.
Beijing North Railway Station is now one of the five main train stations in Beijing serving bullet trains to Datong, Zhangjiakou, Hohhot and Chengdu, etc. It is about 8 kilometers (5 miles) from Tian'anmen Square, 10 kilometers (6 miles) from Beijing West Railway Station, 30 kilometers (19 miles) from Beijing Capital International Airport and 50 kilometers (31 miles) from Daxing International Airport.
- Chinese: 北京北站
- Name on train tickets: 北京北
- Location: near Beijing Zoo
- Address: 1 North Binhe Road, Xizhimen North Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 北京市西城区西直门北大街北滨河路1号
- Station size: 6 platforms, 12 tracks
- 1F: departure concourse, waiting hall, ticket office, platforms
- -1F: ticket office, waiting hall
Lines from Beijing North Railway Station to Other Cities
See the popular train travel routes (departing from Qinghe Station) below to get some travel ideas for planning trips in China.
- Hours/price to Datong South Railway Station: 大同南站 G-class about 2 hours, 21 dollars USD for a second class ticket
- Length: 370 km (229 mi)
- Design speed: 250 kph (217 mph)
- Main stops: Beijing North, Qinghe, Badaling Great Wall, Huailai, Zhangjiakou, Yangao South, Datong South
- Hours/price to Zhangjiakou Railway Station: 张家口站 G-class about an hour, 11 dollars USD for a second class ticket
- Length: 174 km (108 mi)
- Design speed: 350 kph (155 mph)
- Main stops: Beijing North, Qinghe, Badaling Great Wall, Xiahuayuan North, Xuanhua North, Zhangjiakou
Beijing – Hohhot High-Speed Railway
- Hours/price to Hohhot East Wall Railway Station: 呼和浩特东站 G-class about 3 hours， 29 dollars USD for a second class ticket
- Length: 625 km (388 mi)
- Design speed: 250 kph (155 mph)
- Main stops: Beijing North, Qinghe, Changping, Huailai, Zhangjiakou, Ulan Qab, Hohhot East