Datong South Railway Station is one of the two main train stations serving the city of Datong. Between the two railway stations, Datong Railway Station operates non-bullet trains, and Datong South Railway Station operates high-speed trains. Datong South Railway Station is the terminal for high-speed trains to Beijing, Zhangjiakou and Xi'an. It is 10 kilometers (6 miles) from Datong Railway Station, 11 kilometers (7 miles) from Datong Yungang Airport and 21 kilometers (13 miles) from Yungang Grottoes.
- Chinese: 大同南站
- Name on train tickets: 大同南
- Location: 10 kilometers (6 miles) from Datong Railway Station, 11 kilometers (7 miles) from Datong Yungang Airport and 21 kilometers (13 miles) from Yungang Grottoes
- Address: South Side of Kaiyuan East Street, Wenying South Road, Pingcheng District, Datong 大同市平城区文瀛南路开源东街南侧
- Station size: 4 platforms and 9 tracks
Lines from Datong South Railway Station to Other Cities
See the popular train travel routes (departing from Datong South Station) below to get some travel ideas for planning trips in China.
Datong – Beijing High-Speed Railway
- Hours/price to Qinghe Railway Station: 清河站 G-class about 2 hours, 22 dollars USD for a second class ticket
- Length: 370 km (229 mi)
- Design speed: 250 kph (155 mph)
- Main stops: Datong South, Yangao South, Tianzhen, Zhangjiakou, Xiahuayuan North, Huailai, Qinghe
Datong – Xi'an High-Speed Railway
- Hours/price to Xi'an North Railway Station: 西安北站 D-class about 6 hours, 39 dollars USD for a second class ticket
- Length: 1,000 km (600 mi)
- Design speed: 200 kph (124 mph)
- Main stops: Datong South, Yuanping West, Xinzhou, Taiyuan South, Jinzhong, Jiexiu East, Huozhou East, Houma West, Yuncheng North, Yongji North, Weinan North, Xi'an North
Transportation to/from Datong South Railway Station
Taking a taxi is the easiest and most efficient way to get around the city of Datong. Passengers can get taxis in front of the station. You can easily find them by their bright colors (yellow, green or red) and a small LED screen on the top of the car.
Most taxi drivers cannot speak English. The bilingual sentences below may help you communicate with the driver.
- English: Please drive me to Datong South Railway Station.
Bus from Datong South Railway Station
Bus lines link Datong South Railway Station with Datong Railway Station, Datong Bus Station, and Datong Yungang Airport.
- Take bus line No.66 to Datong Railway Station, around an hour.
To Datong Bus Station
- Take bus line No. 14, No. 68 to Datong Bus Station, around 30 minutes.
To Datong Yungang Airport
- Take bus line No. 605, around an hour.