Qingming Festival is a time to mourn the departed and pay respect to ancestors.
So, how can we greet and say kind words to people, while remaining suitably solemn, at Qingming Festival? Here, we recommend some polite and proper greetings and wishes in Chinese and English:
1. Wishing you peace at Qingming Festival.
qīng míng píng ān
2.Wishing you a smooth Qingming Festival.
qīng míng shùn lì
3. At Qingming Festival, may your tomb sweeping go well and your mountain worship bring fortune.
qīng míng jié sǎo mù shùn lì, bài shān fā cái
4. At this Qingming Festival time, I would like to express my warmest greetings and fond commemoration of the deceased.
qīng míng jié zhī jì, zhì yǐ yīn qiè wèn hòu, miǎn huái shì zhě
5. May the departed rest in peace, and I wish you and your family safety and health.
yuàn shì zhě ān xī, zhù nǐ yǔ jiā rén píng ān jiàn kāng
6. The deceased may not be with us, but they are with us in our prayers. Best wishes to you at Qingming Festival.
shì zhě bù néng yǔ wǒ mén xiāng bàn, dàn yǔ wǒ mén de qí dǎo tóng zài, zài qīng míng jié xiàng nǐ zhì yǐ zuì měi hǎo de zhù yuàn.
7. May the deceased rest in peace while the living live a blessed life.
shì zhě yǐ yǐ, shēng zhě rú sī