Traveling between Hong Kong and Guangzhou has never been easier and more convenient than taking the high-speed train. With up to 33 pairs of trains operating daily from West Kowloon (西九龙站) to either Guangzhou South (广州南站) or Guangzhou East (广州东站), passengers can select the most suitable departure time for their journey. The fastest train takes only 46 minutes to finish the 170 kilometers' trip. A second class seat ticket costs US$30, while a first class seat ticket costs US$48
However, it's important to note that train tickets sell out rapidly during the Canton Fair and it's always best to book well in advance to avoid any inconvenience. If you plan to attend the Spring Canton Fair 2024 (April 15th to May 5th), we highly recommend booking your train tickets as soon as possible.
Hong Kong-Guangzhou High-Speed Trains
- Distance: 170 kilometers (106 miles)
- Shortest duration: 46 minutes
- Number of trains in service: 33 pairs of high-speed trains
- Terminals: Hong Kong West Kowloon Railway Station, Guangzhou South Railway Station, Guangzhou East Station
Hong Kong to Guangzhou High-Speed Train Schedules
(Updated on June 26th, 2023)
There are 33 daily high-speed trains from Hong Kong to Guangzhou. Departure time from 08:06 to 22:50. Trains listed above are some of them. Click Hong Kong to Guangzhou high-speed trains to check up-to-date schedules.
Guangzhou to Hong Kong High-Speed Train Schedules
(Updated on June 26th, 2023)
There are 34 daily high-speed trains from Guangzhou to Hong Kong. Departure time from 06:48 to 21:37. Trains listed above are some of them. Click Guangzhou to Hong Kong high-speed trains to check up-to-date schedules.
Hong Kong-Guangzhou High-Speed Train Ticket Prices
Immigration Formalities at West Kowloon Station
The co-location arrangement at Hong Kong West Kowloon Station provides great convenience to travelers taking high-speed trains between Hong Kong and the Chinese mainland. The arrangement allows them to complete entry and exit formalities on the same floor, saving both time and hassle.
Here's how it works:
- To enter Hong Kong, simply get off your train at B4 and then proceed to B2 for exit formalities for China Mainland and entry formalities for Hong Kong.
- To exit Hong Kong, it's recommended to purchase your train tickets before arriving at West Kowloon Station. Once you arrive, head to B3 for exit formalities for Hong Kong and entry formalities for China Mainland, and finally proceed to B4 to board on your train.
Book Train Tickets for Canton Fair period as Soon as Possible
After a three-year hiatus, the Spring Canton Fair of 2023 welcomed businesses from 220 countries and generated an impressive turnover of 21.69 billion US dollars. Most of our customers book the Hong Kong-Guangzhou round trip trains during the fair, and tickets for this route usually sold out within hours. With the upcoming Autumn Canton Fair scheduled from October 15th to November 4th, it's anticipated to draw even more participants, making it crucial to secure your train tickets as soon as possible if you plan to attend the fair from Hong Kong.