- China Tours +
- Create My Trip
- Destinations +
- Travel Guide +
- China Visas
- The Great Wall of China
- China’s Top 10 Attractions
- Giant Pandas
- The Terracotta Army
- Best of China
- Trains +
- Asia Tours
- Day Tours
The direct high-speed trains G311/G312 and G319/G320 between Hong Kong and Guilin operate at Hong Kong West Kowloon Railway Station and Guilin West Railway Station. It is now much more convenient to travel between these two cities without making a transfer at Shenzhen or Guangzhou. Second class on this train is US$56 per ticket.
Hong Kong to Guilin high-speed train runs at a speed of 250-300 kph (155-186 mph), taking 3 hours to finish 580 kilometers (360 miles). And it will also go further to Guiyang and Kunming.
The high-speed trains between Hong Kong and Guilin pass metropolises of Guangzhou and Shenzhen, and also goes further to major tourist cities including Guiyang, Kunming and Chongqing .
The travel time between Hong Kong and Guiyang is 5 hours and a half; and Hong Kong and Kunming is 7 hours and 35 minutes.
(Updated on October 15th, 2019)
|G312||12:05||15:25||3 h 20 min|
|G320||14:53||18:07||3 h 14 min|
Up-to-date Schedules for Hong Kong to Guilin high-speed trains.
(Updated on October 15th, 2019)
|G319||12:38||15:57||3 h 19 min|
|G311||13:36||16:57||3 h 21 min|
|Ticket Types||Business Class||First Class||Second Class|
|Adult ticket||US$167 (1138 CNY)||US$89 (607 CNY)||US$56 (379 CNY)|
|Child ticket||US$84 (569 CNY)||US$45 (304 CNY)||US$28 (190 CNY)|
Also read Seat Classes on Trains in China.
1. Children's tickets apply to children younger than 12 years of age and not taller than 1.5 m (4.9 feet). For seat classes, a child fare is half of the full ticket price.
2. Children younger than 12 years of age and not taller than 1.2 m (3.9 feet) can travel for free, but without their own seats. If you require a seat for your child, a child ticket is needed to be bought.
3. Children older than 12 years of age or taller than 1.5 m (4.9 feet) need to buy adult ticket at full price.
4. More information about Children's Tickets and Tips of Taking China Trains with Children.
Hong Kong West Kowloon Station is the only terminus for high-speed trains between Hong Kong and Mainland China. It serves more than 100 daily trains from Hong Kong to/from cities in Mainland China including Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Guilin, Changsha and Chongqing, etc.
Hong Kong West Kowloon Station is currectly the world's largest underground train station, covering an area of 430,000 square meters, featuring 9 long-distance platforms and 6 short-distance platforms.
Transportation to/from Hong Kong West Kowloon Station
Hong Kong West Kowloon Station is located in the West Kowloon Area, adjcent to the prosperous Tsim Sha Tsui and Yau Ma Tei areas. The footbridge above the ground and passages underground from the station extends to Hong Kong Metro Kowloon Station and Austin Station, which allows you go to the airport and major scenic spots easily and conveniently. A 3 to 8-minute walk would take you from Hong Kong West Kowloon Station to both metro stations.
The Airport Express to Hong Kong International Airport and Tung Chung Line to Hong Kong Island and Disney World pass through MTR Kowloon Station. The West Rail Line to Hung Hom Station passes through MTR Austin Station
Customs and Immigrations at Hong Kong West Kowloon Station
As a cross-border station, Hong Kong West Kowloon Station has immigration and customs facilities for passengers to go through.
If you take high-speed train from Hong Kong to Guilin, go through the customs at the Immigration/Customs Departure Hall on -3F at Hong Kong West Kowloon Station. Please ensure that you complete the ‘Hong Kong Departure Card’ and the ‘China Arrival Card’. If you fail to obtain and complete these cards, you would be sent back to collect and fill-in the forms, and queue again. The queues can be long and this will cause some inconvenience with the possibility of you missing your train. All your luggage must also go through security checks and x-rayed. We advise that you arrive at the train station at least 2 hours before your departure time.
If you take high-speed trains from Guilin to Hong Kong, you need to go through customs twice on arrival concourse on -2F. Please complete the Arrival/Departure Cards before you go to the officer.
Guilin West Railway Station is one of the three main train stations in the city of Guilin. It is located in Lingchuan County, which is far from downtown area. It is not a convenient location, given that only two bus routes connect this station with other regions of the city. Taxies are available at the parking lot in front of the station entrace.
Transportation from Guilin West Railway Station by Bus
1. There are more options if make a transfer at Guangzhou South Railway Station. High-speed trains run frequently on sections of Hong Kong - Guangzhou and Guangzhou - Guilin rail lines, which also leaves you more options to choose the departure/arrival station in Guilin that is close to your hotel. The total travel time for Hong Kong - Guangzhou - Guilin route is around 4 hours.
2. High-speed trains to and from Hong Kong will have different ticket change/cancellation policies, due to the difference of China Railway and Hong Kong Railway ticketing systems.
Find out more information about Hong Kong bullet train ticket booking .
3. Tours in Hong Kong and Guilin