Lijiang, enjoying the accolade "the pearl on the Yunnan plateau", is the destination not to miss on a Yunnan tour and the favorite place of American explorer, Josher Rock. Lijiang could be "a gentle woman", touching your heart with its romantic old towns and peaceful Lugu Lake. Or it could be "a handsome man", inviting you to hike along the magnificent Tiger Leaping Gorge and up Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
If you are interested in minority culture, let's talk to a shaman of the Naxi ethnic minority, listen to a piece of Naxi music, and taste the Naxi pancakes.
No matter whether you want to go to Lijiang for a relaxing break, a memorable adventure, or a cultural exploration, we are happy to customize a Lijiang tour according to your interests and schedule.
Top Recommended Lijiang Tours
The suggested itineraries for a Lijiang tour below will give you some inspiration. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to tailor-make any of them or create a trip according to your ideas.
- Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
- Mysterious Naxi civilization
Yunnan Tours including Lijiang
Here are the recommended Yunnan tours including Lijiang. We are happy to combine any other destinations with Lijiang according to your interests to create your Yunnan trip.
- Romantic Lake
- Matriarchal Mosuo People
- Mountains and Old Towns
- Ethnic Minorities
Other Popular Destinations in Yunnan
Here are the other popular cities for a Yunnan tour. Click to get more information about each destination and tours
Why Book with Us
- Confirm where you can go.
- Help you get the required documents.
- Offer you the best options when last-minute changes occur.
- Promise you a full refund up to 24 hours before departure.
- Flexible travel pace
- No commission shops
- No risky bookings with one-man companies
Lijiang Travel Tips
Its high altitude and low latitude give Lijiang cooler summers and warmer winters. The rainy season is from June to September. The weather can change several times in a single day and the temperature varies greatly between day and night.
- Spring (March to May) — starting clear, mild
- Summer (June to September) — warm and humid
- Autumn (October to November) — mild and becoming clearer
- Winter (December to February) — clear and cool