Yangtze Cruise Routes
There are four cruise routes of the Yangtze River with the most beautiful scenery:
- Downstream: A three-night and four-day cruise from Chongqing to Yichang or a six-night and seven-day cruise from Chongqing to Shanghai
- Upstream: A four-night and five-day cruise from Yichang to Chongqing or a eight-night and nine-day cruise from Shanghai to Chongqing.
Most cruises are between Yichang and Chongqing, the favorite cruise route with our customers. The most popular cruise company is President Cruises, which has superior five-star cruise ships with high-end service.
Shore excursions vary according to ships and schedules. All cruise routes pass by the Three Gorges Dam, Daning River Lesser Three Gorges, Shennong Stream, Fengdu Ghost City, Shibao Village, and Fengjie (White Emperor City), where you can stretch your legs on a guided tour.
Although Yichang is often overlooked by travelers, who travel straight through to board a Yangtze cruise ship, Yichang has a freshness and tidiness, and has some picturesque natural sights in the vicinity.
China's largest municipality, Chongqing, has a number of tourist attractions. You can reach Chengdu to see giant pandas from Chongqing with only a few hours’ drive.
Include a Tailor-Made Yichang or Chongqing Tour
Only Victoria Prince cruises run between Chongqing and Shanghai. Downstream and upstream shore excursions are the same, including Fengdu Ghost City, Daning River Lesser Three Gorgers, the Three Gorgers Dam, Hubei Provincial Museum, the Yellow Mountains, the Mausoleum of Dr Sun Yat-sen, and Confucius Temple.
Recommended Yangtze River Tours
- Destination: Shanghai, Chongqing, Yangtze, Yichang, Shanghai
- Shanghai is an intoxicating blend of historic culture and an ultra-modern mega city. Combine this with some of China's most spectacular scenery, cultural treasures and religious and historical sites on the Yangtze River to see the huge contrast which is China.
- Destination: Beijing, Chongqing, Yangtze, Yichang
- Beijing has been at heart of China's history, government and culture since ancient times and the Yangtze is known as the cradle of Chinese culture and in many ways is the life blood of China. We combine both to give a great insight to our country in 8 short days.
- Destination: Hong Kong, Guilin, Chongqing, Yangtze, Yichang, Shanghai, Beijing
- Take a cruise on the spectacular Yangtze River and stay in Hong Kong and Shanghai. This is a truly comprehensive and very popular journey exploring China's greatest treasures at a relaxed pace.