When we say unique, we mean it!
Every family tour is carefully designed to create memories that all ages will treasure. We've got something for the whole family, talk to one of our travel advisors for more ideas and create something unique for your family, like this family from Norway who visited Guilin with us.
Flexible Guides & Itinerary
Kids can get tired, very fast, but our guides can spot those signs and lift their spirits with activities, or work in some down time in a creative way. At China Highlights we not only design and tailor itineraries for your needs but offer flexibility, even on the day you can make changes!
We give you the chance to adapt your day around the weather, your children's needs, and changing interests. We believe our guides are the most fun, flexible and caring in China.
Where to visit with a family
The classics, Beijing, Shanghai and Xi'an, are classics for good reasons. However, venture into these other areas to really experience a side of China most tourists don't see. Here's just two:
Kung Fu Panda & Chinese Countryside Guilin's paddy fields, Karst Mountains, River's, Lakes, Bamboo Raft, Cormorant Fishermen, Cycling and scenery from Chinese paintings.
Avatar & The Giant Pandas Jiangjiajie near Chengdu is known for the scenery of Avatar, this mountain wild spot is breathtaking. Why not combine this into a trip to Chengdu and visit the panda protection centre.
Popular Attractions for Children
Read our travel guide section for more tips and advice on attractions, and things to do with kids in Shanghai, Beijing, Guilin and Hong Kong.
Dinning: Family friendly restaurants
We carefully chose the most family friendly restaurants. Our guides will help you select dishes and order. If you are traveling to China on your own or wanted to read more about our recommended restaurants see 'Recommended restaurants for families in Beijing also Shanghai'.
Designing your Family Tour
China Highlights' family tours are tailored to your needs, your dates and your kid's ages. We are confident of not only in designing a fantastic vacation but that our guides will deliver a tour for your family that they will treasure for years.
Talk to us today and start creating your unique vacation.
I just wanted to let you know that our trip was a total success.! We had such a wonderful time at the Panda Center.
Our guide, Ping, was very good and helpful. She went beyond what was expected to ensure we had a great day. She was so knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful. Read more »
It was a really great trip. My travel partner and myself are definitely fans of China now and look forward to travelling to other parts at some point in the future. I just wanted to email you and commend one of your absolutely fantastic staff members, Nancy Deng.
I shall undoubtedly be recommending China Highlights to any friends or acquaintances I meet come across here in Australia considering travel in China, thanks to Nancy. Read more »
- What things in China are and best suited to children?
- There are many things to do with children in China. We selected some interesting and popular activities for children in our family tours, which include Panda experience, Kungfu and Acrobatic show, Kite Flying at Temple of Heaven, cooking class, kayaking, cycling on the City Wall and countryside and Cricket Culture.
Just tell your need because we can offer more activities, such as hiking, rock climbing, hand making terracotta warriors, school visit, Kung Fu experience and etc.
- Are the particular outdoor activities safe for children?
- Yes, those activities are suitable for children and operated with extreme care. Our tour guide will offer a help to ensure your children's safety.
- Will my children like the food?
- There is enormous variety of food available in China, including Western food, fast food, vegetarian food and sea food. It is almost certain that there will be dishes your children like to eat. Our guides are experienced in helping select dishes they will like.
- What is the best time for joining your family tours?
- There is no restriction or set departure dates, you select the dates that work best for you. The weather will be decent from March to November. We can offer private customized tours based on your plan.
- I have a large family, can you offer me some discount?
- Yes, you can save up to $400 if your tour group is more than five people. It is a good opportunity to invite your relatives to get this offer.