This page will show you maps of ancient Silk Road, tourist attractions along the Silk Road, cities along the Silk Road, etc.
Ancient Silk Road Map
The Silk Road Tourist Map
Western Han Dynasty Map
The Western Han Empire initiated Silk Road trading in 139 BC by sending silk traders westward.
Silk Road Travel Distances Map
New Silk Road Map
In 2013, President Xi Jinping proposed that a new Silk Road should be constructed. The 'Belt' refers to the overland routes and the 'Road' refers to the sea routes. The Belt and Road Initiative is a new Silk Road project that promotes global cooperation and economic development.
Maps of Provinces along the Silk Road
The Silk Road in China passes through Shaanxi, Gansu, Ningxia, Qinghai, and Xinjiang.
- Recommended Gnasu tour: 6-Day Gannan Tour to Discover Colorful Tibetan Culture
- Recommended Shaanxi tour: 3-Day Essence of Xi'an Tour
- Recommended Ningxia tour: 3-Day Zhongwei Desert Tour with Winery Experience
- Recommended Qinghai tour: 8-Day Miraculous Qinghai and Legendary Silk Road Tour
- Recommended Xinjiang tour: 7-Day Xinjiang Silk Road Highlights Tour
Gansu Attractions Maps
Gansu City Maps
Xinjiang Attractions Map
Xinjiang Province Map
Xinjiang City/Area Maps
Tour the Silk Road with Us
Silk Road travel is a rich cultural journey into the heart of China. A personal experience is much more interesting and profound than what you read about in an article. See our recommended Silk Road tours for inspiration:
- 11-Day Along the Great Silk Road
- 8-Day Miraculous Qinghai and Legendary Silk Road Tour
- 6-Day Silk Road Photography Tour
- More Silk Road tours
All our tours are customizable. Contact us to create a trip according to your group size, time, budget, interests, and other requirements.