Xiamen Airlines mainly provides domestic flights to major cities in China from Xiamen, Hangzhou, Nanchang, Tianjin, Fuzhou, Quanzhou, as well as international routes to Southeast Asia and Northeast Asia.
- English Name: Xiamen Airlines
- Chinese Name: 厦门航空公司
- IATA Code: MF
- ICAO Code: CXA
- Callsign: XIAMEN AIR
- Parent Company: China Southern Airlines (51%)
- Headquarters: 22 Dailiao Road, Xiamen, Fujian, China
- Main Hubs: Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport, Fuzhou Changle International Airport and Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport.
- Focus Cities: Tianjin Binhai International Airport, Changsha Huanghua International Airport, Nanchang Changbei International Airport and Quanzhou Jinjiang International Airport.
- Frequent Flyer Program: Egret Card
- Official Website: Official Website:www.xiamenair.com.cn
Xiamen Airline (Xiamen Air for short) was founded on Jul, 25th, 1984, which is the first joint-stock local company in China. Now the share-holders are China South Airline Co. Ltd.(60% in stock shares) and Xiamen Construction & development Co. Ltd (40% in stock share). Search Live China Flights Schedule
Xiamen Air is the child of our civil air system trial reform. From its inception the company appears in air transport line with a brand-new system. The initial investment is RMB 20 million, from 1987 to 1999, the company continues making profit for 13 years, now it has a capital of RMB 4.736 billion and net capital of RMB1.188 billion. The ratio of balance sheet is 74.9%.
Xiamen Air is mainly dealing with domestic air passengers' and freight transportation and acting as a business agent in air transportation from Fujian province to other neighbor countries or regions. It owns 20 Boeing, which includes five B-757, 15 B-737(containing a plane for passengers and freight), the total seats are 2955. Based on Xiamen, Fuzhou, Jinjiang, Wuyi mount, it's dealing with nearly 100 airliner routes from Beijing, Shanghai, Canton, Hongkong, Macau and other large-scale or middle-sized cities. In Feb. 2000, an international airliner route was opened from Xiamen to Bangkok. Besides, nonscheduled international freight charter flights have been opened from Xiamen to Nagasaki, and Phnom Penh. The company has set more than 30 business departments or offices.