Xining situates at the northwest of China, with an average altitude of 2275 meters. It belongs to the continental mid-drought climate, with rich sunshine. The annual average temperature is 3.2 centigrade. Summer in Xining is cool, with the daily average temperature lower than 17 centigrade. It is a good place to escape the unforgiving heat during summer time. The period from May to Sep. with the most weather condition is the best time to visit. High season prices do apply however and it's more crowded. With a relative high sea level, temperature differs greatly between daytime and at night. Visitors may consider bring along warm clothing even in summer time. Sun's solar radiation in highland is strong and intense, so sunscreen, sunglasses, lip creams are needed to protect your eyes and skin.
- Generally speaking, period from May-September is the best time to visit Xining and the surrounding areas. Except the comfortable weather condition, many of the region's colorful festivals occurs this time.
- This period is especially good if you want to visit the Qinghai Lake in northeast of Qinghai province, when vast area around the lake are covered with yellow rape flowers.
Xining Climate Information by Month
- Xining Weather in January
- Xining Weather in February
- Xining Weather in March
- Xining Weather in April
- Xining Weather in May
- Xining Weather in June
- Xining Weather in July
- Xining Weather in August
- Xining Weather in September
- Xining Weather in October
- Xining Weather in November
- Xining Weather in December
Xining Average Climate by Month
Xining Average Monthly Temperatures
Xining Average Monthly Precipitation (inches)