The Great Wall and the Great People
- the longest fully-restored section open to tourists.
- the best preserved section of the Great Wall.
- steep with many watchtowers and breathtaking views.
- known as the First Pass Under Heaven since ancient times.
- Chinese Pinyin: Cháng Chéng
- Location: North China
- Length: 6,260 km (3,890 miles)
- Great Wall Facts »
Over the years, dozens of world celebraties have left their foot steps on the Great Wall. Some examples are as follows:
Ronald Reagan, former President of the United States, visited the Great Wall in 1984, and said, “What can you say except it’s awe-inspiring? It is one of the great wonders of the world.”
Bill Clinton, former President of the United States, visited the Great Wall in 1998, and said, “It was great.”
George W. Bush, former President of the United States, visited the Great Wall in 2002.
Barack Obama, President of the United States, visited the Great Wall in November 2009, and said, “It’s majestic. It’s magical. It reminds you of the sweep of history, and that our time here on Earth is not that long, so we better make the best of it.”
- One-Day Great Wall Tours from $87*
- Include transport, entry, tour guide and lunch.
- 4-Day Essence of Beijing Tour A from $445*
- See the top sights of Beijing, including the Great Wall at Mutianyu.
- 6-Day Great Wall Hiking Around Beijing Tour from $885*
- Includes Mutianyu, Gubeikou, Jinshanling, Simatai and Huangya Pass.
- 8-Day Essence of China Tour – Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai from $1463*
- See the top sights of China’s Golden Triangle, including the Great Wall at Mutianyu.
- more Great Wall Tours *Prices based on 2 persons