Learning Chinese - Shopping in Chinese
Shopping will become easier when you know some simple words in Chinese. Shop keepers may understand quickly when you speak in Chinese in the small shop. Just remember some of them! more Chinese Lesson
Frequently used words and sentences
Lesson 08: Hotel Accommodation
It will be much easier when you can speak a little Chinese in checking in or out. Not all the staff in the star hotel can speak and understand English well. Communication with foreigners in some hotels of remote area will be a problem if you know nothing about Chinese language. Learning the following expressions may help you sometimes.
Useful Chinese Phrasebook
Some useful words and sentences people usually to use in their trip, that can be pronounced by the phonetic English. more Chinese Phrasebook
Listen to the Chinese Phrase Book in MP3 Format
Download the Chinese Phrase Book
Chinese Calligraphy Experiences
- By joining our Beijing Tours, Xi'an Tours or Guilin Tours, visitors can add Chinese calligraphy classes to the itinerary at very favorable prices.
- Most comprehensive museums in China have calligraphy collections. See our Museums Tours.
- For travelers who are interested in the history, evolution and cultural relics of Chinese calligraphy, Museum of Chinese Characters in Anyang City, Henan Province is a good choice. The Stele Forest Museum in Xi'an City houses many works of noted ancient calligraphers as well as precious stone sculptures.
- Contact us for a tailor-made tour.
FAQs About Learning Chinese
- How many people use Chinese?
Chinese is used by approximately 1.3 billion people around the world, that is almost one sixth of the world’s population.
- Is it difficult to learn Chinese?
Learning Chinese, like learning any other foreign languages, always poses a challenge for non-native speakers. It is important to practice on a regular basis, ideally spend some time on it every day or every week.
- How many Chinese characters do I need to know?
By mastering 3000-4000 frequently used characters is enough to cover daily conversations and readings.