Lhasa Muslim Restaurants
Zhaksy-flavored Restaurant, a Muslim restaurant in Lhasa, is popular with travelers, especially those from Xinjiang or other Muslim regions, for its authentically tasty dishes. Its specialty roast whole lamb is so delicious and excellent that guests need to place an order in advance because the lamb should be roasted from the morning. With its Muslim-style decoration, the restaurant is conspicuous on Beijing West Road where many Tibetan-style restaurants are scattered.
- Chinese name: 亚克西风味餐厅Yakeci Fengwei Canting
- Recommended dishes: mutton kebab (羊肉串), Xinjiang-style braised chicken (大盘鸡), roasted leg of lamb (烤羊腿), and yogurt (酸奶).
- Average price per person: 50 yuan
- Address: 40 Beijing West Road, Chengguan District 城关区北京西路
- Tel: 0891-6980981
- Transportation: Take bus 16 or 17; get off at Haiguan Beimen Zhan (North Gate of Customs Stop/海关北门站).
Islam Restaurant primarily serves Muslim-style food made from flour and other dishes. Its boiled mutton is popular because it is cooked with special ingredients and is served with complimentary tasty radishes. The dishes here are great and cheap and are served quickly. The restaurant's warm service and clean setting provide a nice dining atmosphere. Drinking alcohol is forbidden here.
- Chinese name: 伊斯兰手抓美食城 Yisilan Shouzhua Meishicheng
- Recommended dishes: beef in sauce soup (酸汤牛肉), yogurt (酸奶), and Xinjiang-style braised chicken (大盘鸡).
- Average price per person: 60 yuan
- Opening hours: 10am–9pm
- Address: Beijing East Road, Chengguan District 城关区北京东路
- Tel: 0891-6362444
- Transportation: Take bus 7, 8, 20, 22 or 23, and get off at Cemenlin Stop (策门林站).