Best Time to Visit
The Great Wall offers a timeless charm to tourists, but scenery varies with seasons. Visit it in different time you will get a quite different scene.
For Beijing Sections...
Most of the popular sections of the Great Wall are located around Beijing, so the following is written with Beijing's climate in mind, although temperatures are likely to be colder and rainfall more as the Great Wall is on the mountains.
In spring, when trees and plants turn green, the wall wanders among the lush vegetation. Every thing looks so fresh. It is a good time to avoid the tourist crowds in summer and autumn. Expect temperatures from 10 to 25ºC (50-77ºF).
Summer comes and the blooming flowers and colored leaves dot the mountains. The Great Wall snakes its way like a silver necklace, standing out clearly in the strong mountain sunlight.
The Beijing Great Wall usually enjoys blue skies and temperatures over 25ºC (77ºF) in summer. However, July and August are the months when most of the year's rain falls, so bring waterproofs in case.
When fall comes, the mountains are blanketed by colors of red, golden, yellow and brown, creating an amazing view and the weather during this time is pleasant. ( See best places to see fall colors in Beijing) This season is often recommended as the best season to visit. Expect temperatures from 10 to 20ºC (50-68ºF).
The mountains and the wall itself are often covered with snow in winter, offering an awesome snowy scene. The weather in this time of the year will be freezing or very cold and tourists are much fewer. Expect temperatures from 0 to 10ºC (32-50ºF). During the Chinese New Year period (uaually takes place in late January and early February), the Badaling Section of the wall is crowded with Chinese tourists.
- One-Day Great Wall Tours from $87*
- Include transport, entry, tour guide and lunch.
- 4-Day Essence of Beijing Tour A from $445*
- See the top sights of Beijing, including the Great Wall at Mutianyu.
- 6-Day Great Wall Hiking Around Beijing Tour from $885*
- Includes Mutianyu, Gubeikou, Jinshanling, Simatai and Huangya Pass.
- 8-Day Essence of China Tour – Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai from $1463*
- See the top sights of China's Golden Triangle, including the Great Wall at Mutianyu.
- more Great Wall Tours *Prices based on 2 persons
Thanks for your question. I just send you a quotation of one day group tour to Mutianyu Great Wall for your reference. Please check your mail and feel free let me know your idea.
NancyNancy Deng Replied on 04:32 AM Dec. 17 2013
We have some Beijing tours. pleaese see http://www.chinahighlights.com/beijing/tours.htm for more details. If you need our service, could you please tell me the details date and how many people in your gourp? We can book hotels, flights and itinerary for you.Christy Luo Replied on 03:57 AM Nov. 22 2013
The best time to visit Great Wall is Spring, Summer and Autumn. In Spring and Autumn, please wear warm sweater and jacket and summer clothes, such as T-shirts, shorts and skirts in Summer. As travel agency, we glad to arrange tours package includes Great Wall if you need. Please feel free contact me if you need any tour arrangement.
Nancy Deng Replied on 04:01 AM Oct. 14 2013
General speaking, March to May is Spring, June to August is Summer, September to November is Autumn and December to February is Winter in most parts of China.
Nancy Deng Replied on 03:49 AM Oct. 14 2013
- the longest fully-restored section open to tourists.
- the best preserved section of the Great Wall.
- steep with many watchtowers and breathtaking views.
- known as the First Pass Under Heaven since ancient times.