Lhasa Vegetarian Restaurants
Holy Land Vegetarian Restaurant
This is the first vegetarian restaurant in Lhasa which opened in 2005. With an elegant environment, the pure atmosphere in this restaurant is hard to find. It’s a warm place for pure friendship and romance. The food price is affordable and the amount of food served is so sufficient that it’s suggested that you don’t order too much.
- Chinese name: 圣地素餐厅 Shengdi Sucanting
- Recommended dishes: stir-fried "shrimp" meat (素烧虾仁), vegetarian "bouilli" (毛氏红烧肉)，twice-cooked vegetarian slices (回锅素片), and shredded vegetarian food with a fish taste (鱼香素丝)
- Address: 10 the Commodity Apartment, the Foreign Affairs Office, Linkuobeilu Area, Chengguan District 城关区林廓北路区外事办商品房10号
- Tel: 0891-6363851
- Opening hours: 9am – 10pm
- Transportation: 1) Take Bus 1, 2, 4 (up direction), 4 (down direction), 12 (up direction), 12 (down direction), 14 or 16 and get off at Wenzhou Trade City (温州商贸城站); 2) Take Bus 1, 2, 3 (up direction), 3 (down direction), 11 (up direction), 11 (down direction), 14, or 16 and get off at the south gate of Tuanjiexin Village (团结新村南门站).
- Special services: Afternoon tea is provided and food taken late at night is offered.
Tibet Gengpeng Vegetarian Restaurant
The restaurant mainly offers vegetarian dishes of Tibetan and Chinese styles. Various fried dishes, snacks and Tibetan tea can be tasted there. Refusing to allow smoking, alcohol, meat and fish, it is a pollutant-free restaurant.
- Chinese name: 西藏羹蓬素食餐厅 Xizang Gengpeng Sushi Canting
- Kindly reminder: The "meat" and "fish" dishes are all made from vegetarian ingredients.
- Address: Floor 2, 34 Shanghai Company, Yutuo Road 宇拓路桑海公司34号2楼
- Tel: 0891-6339808
- Transportation: 1) Take Bus 7, 8, 20, 22 or 23 and get off at Ce Men Lin (策门林站), and then walk about 370 meters; 2) Take Bus 5 and get off at the Care Hospital (保健医院站).
Wonderful Vegetarian House
With an old and famous enterprise, this is Tibet’s first vegetarian restaurant, which has been included in many tourist books both at home and abroad. With reasonable prices, the dishes there are delicious, many being home-style dishes and all of them are vegetarian. Many tourists from foreign countries and many foreigners from Tibet University are usually seen there. The boss was once a teacher in Tibet University but later he resigned and resolved to publicize vegetarian food.
- Chinese name: 万德福素食屋 Wandefu Sushi Wu
- Recommended dishes: boiled vegetarian "sausages" (水煮素肠), potato cake (土豆饼), fried dumpling (锅贴), eggplant with chili and potato (地三鲜), and taro and dried bean curd in a pot (芋头腐竹煲)
- Average price per person: 22 yuan
- Address: Linju’nan Road, Chengguan District (near the west gate of Tibet University) 城关区林聚南路 (近西藏大学西门)
- Tel: 0891-6363494
- Opening hours: 10am – 9pm
- Transportation: Take Bus 3, 5, 8, 15 or 17.
- Special service: Parking is free.