Macau Travel Tips
Public telephones are available throughout the city. The country code for Macau is 853 and you need to dial 001/853 before the number if calling from Hong Kong. When dialing an international number from Macau, you should first dial 00 and then add 853 and the number you want to call.
The main post office is located in an old Euro-style building in the downtown area on the main square, Largo do Senado. Different counters in the lobby provide various language services. Most of them provide Cantonese and English. In front of each counter window, there is a small board indicating the language the counter provides. One thing you should bear in mind is that in this postal office, RMB is not acceptable. The office is open on Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 18:00pm and Saturday from 9:00am to 13:00pm. Mailboxes in Macau are red.
Macau publishes journal and weekly newspapers in Chinese, Portuguese and English. However, all TV programs are shown in Chinese and Portuguese.
Hospital Centre S. Januario
- Address: Estrada do Visconde de S. Januario
- Tel: (853) 3903610 (Emergency), 313731 (Operator)
- Fax: (853) 346818 (Emergency)
Kiang Wu Hospital
- Address: Estrada do Repouso, Macau
- Tel: (853) 2950133 (Emergency) 371333 (Operator)
- Fax: (853) 2950133 (Emergency)
Hope Medical Clinic
- Address: No.26, Ave de Sidonio Pais, 1/F, Macau
- The medical help is available from 9:30 to 17:00
- Internet: firstname.lastname@example.org
"999" is the emergency number for the police in the city. You can dial 112 toll-free for the police's special tourist hotline.
Tips for Entering a Casino
- Tourists under 18 years old and locals under 21 years old are not allowed to enter.
- Cameras are forbidden in gambling casinos.
- The gambling casinos in Macau accept only Hong Kong dollars and Macau Patacas and guests can exchange money either at casino counters or the nearby banks. And there is a minimum age requirement of 18 for visitors and 21 for locals in all casinos.
Hi JOJO, April is not cold in Macau. It is quite warm. You can also check the up to date weather information via this website: http://www.weather.com.cn/english/Whitney Liao Replied on 2013-04-09
Hi Taj, sorry, I didn't find those online public White pages for Macau. So I don't know whether they have it or not. I wish you good luck to find your friend.Whitney Liao Replied on 2013-04-02
Hi Michael, your baby is not allowed into the casino. The age required is at least 21.
For shopping in Macau, please check here: http://www.chinahighlights.com/macau/shopping.htmWhitney Liao Replied on 2013-01-20