Shangliu Airport in Chengdu, Southwest China
Airplane is the most convenient and fastest means of transportation, though it is also the most expensive. Air travel can cover a long journey in less time, saving precious time and energy for you to enjoy the attractions in your destination.
Since 1978, China airlines have witnessed a dramatic improvement every year. By the end of 2003, a total of 1,176 domestic and international airlines were operated in China. According to a landmark pact signed between China and the USA on June 18, 2004, the number of weekly flights between the two countries will increase nearly five times from the current limit of 54 weekly round trip flights to 249 within six years. The hub of China air travel is based in Beijing, with Beijing being the base for international travel. See China Airline
Book Discount China Flights with China Highlights: real-time search, lower price and easy to book. Check it now.
- Get to the airport ahead of time: Please get to the airport one hour before your flight departs, and 2 hours for international flights. In Shanghai, there are 2 airports, namely Hongqiao and Pudong International Airports. Please make sure beforehand from which airport your train departs.
- Get to the counter for boarding pass and luggage check-in: The electronic message board will indicate at which counter you are supposed to check in. Find the counter, and present your passport. After checking, the clerk will give you the boarding pass, which shows your name, flight number, departure place, destination, seat number, boarding gate and time. At the same time, you can have your luggage checked in.
- Go through security check: The screening line will be long during peak seasons. DO NOT accept any items from strangers. Keep your belongings close to you all the time.
- Wait for boarding: Your boarding pass shows at which gate you are going to board, and you will easily find the corresponding waiting hall, which is indicated on the electronic message board. Now you can have a rest at the waiting hall. Please pay close attention to the broadcast for your flight.
- Board the flight: After hearing the boarding announcement, go to the boarding gate. The attendant will wait at the boarding gate to check your boarding pass. Now you can board the train.