Zhang Gong Cave is also known as Geng Sang Cave, covering an area of 3,200 square meters. The tour distance is around 1,000 meters long. As one of the famous natural limestone caves, it is not far away from the Shan Juan Cave.
Reportedly, there are 72 caves in Zhang Gong Cave while temperature in each cave is different. It is also called the "Rare Wonders". It is said that Zhang Daoling who lived in the Han Dynasty once practiced there. During the Tang Dynasty, Zhang Guolao, one of the "Eight Immortals", once lived here, which is also the name "Zhang Gong Cave" coming from.
The cave covers an area of 3,200 square meters and the tourist distance is around 1,000 meters long. The first cave is known as "Sea House", full of fantastic rocks, stone pillars, stone sheets and stone flowers. As for the coming caves, tourists will enter into the Sea King Pillar which is also the center of the Zhang Gong Cave. Besides, there are Tunnel Cave, Qiqiao Cave, Chess Board Cave and the Light Cave.
There are numerous caves and wonders in the Zhang Gong Cave. Most of them are full of fantastic rocks, stone pillars, stone sheets and stone flowers. The Sea House Pillar is the center of the cave. After climbing to the Cloud Pillar and Heaven bridge, tourists can get out of the Heaven hole and stand at the top of Mengfeng Mountain.
In addition, on the top of the mountain, there is a Wanghu Pillar. Standing at the top, tourists can get a full view of the nearby beauty.
- Characteristics: Zhang Gong Cave is one of the famous natural limestone caves.
- Location: The Zhang Gong Cave is located at 22 kilometers southwest of Mengfeng Mountain, around 60 kilometers northeast of Wuxi City.
- Transportation: Tourists can take the shuttle bus around the west parking lot in Wuxi Train Station. The rice is RMB10 per person. It takes one hour to get to the Zhang Gong Cave. Besides, tourists can also take Tourist No.1 to reach Zhang Gong Cave.
- Ticket: RMB 35 per person.
- Opening Time: from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.