Lijiang Weather in August
August is the hottest month of the year, yet high temperatures here are below 30 °C (86 °F); therefore, Lijiang is a good choice for escaping from the hot summer weather. The month sees occasional shower.
Sneakers, jeans, and T-shirts are suitable and comfortable. Because of the strong ultraviolet rays in the Yunnan-Guizhou Plateau, sunscreen clothing and sunscreen cream, as well as an umbrella, are indispensable. Also get enough rest in case you suffer from symptoms related to the high altitude.
In the middle of the seventh month of the Chinese lunar year, the Horse Fair Festival is held, where the local people sell cattle, including horses and cows. Go to the market and appreciate the exhibition and performances. August is also a busy month for tourists and room prices are relatively high. See our Lijiang Tours.
Lijiang Climate Information by Month
- Lijiang Weather in January
- Lijiang Weather in February
- Lijiang Weather in March
- Lijiang Weather in April
- Lijiang Weather in May
- Lijiang Weather in June
- Lijiang Weather in July
- Lijiang Weather in August
- Lijiang Weather in September
- Lijiang Weather in October
- Lijiang Weather in November
- Lijiang Weather in December
Questions and Answers About Lijiang Weather in August
Thank you for your inquiry!
Since the Tiger Leaping Gorge is about 2.5 hours from Lijiang, there won't be enough time to cover all the activities in one day. It's suggested you go to the Lijiang Impression Show and Jade Dragon Snow Mountain on day 1 and visit the Tiger Leaping Gorge on the next day.
This tour is recommended to you: http://www.chinahighlights.com/tour/lijiangtour/lj-2/
If you are interested, please inform the date for the tour and how many people in the group.
Nice day!Nora Ou replied on 2013-08-12
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on February 18, 2014
See all my travel articles